Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default My first day of concealed carry... :)

Morning all :)

So my second day of deciding to carry... IWB today, Full Size Steyr L9-A1 and surprisingly its comfortable and I didn't even have to make any changes to the way I dress. :D Kinda scary how oblivious people are...

First day I was stressing my ass off .... Was just wondering how you gents felt the first time you carried, maybe some good and bad moments you have to share.

Have a good one
    s3

User

Default Re: My first day of concealed carry... :)

Well done mate.
    I can relate, my first day carrying was also stressful. Shifting the holster, sitting at an angle like i was constipated, feeling if it was still there and noticing how it eats a car seat.

Great memories

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well done mate.
    I can relate, my first day carrying was also stressful. Shifting the holster, sitting at an angle like i was constipated, feeling if it was still there and noticing how it eats a car seat.

Great memories
    The dreadful eating of the car seat, my FA eventually put a whole in my leather seats so I shifted the FA to the front and no problems but it took a while to get used to!

User

Its been about 7 months for me. At first you're very conscious about it. It was always on my mind. Eventually it fades and it just becomes a part of you, to the point that I forget its there. Upgrading to smaller and lighter soon so will be even better.

User

Started on Saturday (CZ PO7) , I have a belly band holster for concealment. Takes abit of getting used to, Also worried about it digging into my car seat, I find Appendix carry is extremely uncomfortable for me. Thinking of buying a IWB now.

User

Well done on carrying EDC!

Yeah, I'm on a year now, and yes, the first while is a bit nerve racking. Nowadays, it feels like I'm not dressed if it's not on my side. Like missing a sock or something.

Congrats on starting to carry. It takes a while to get used to it and yes most people are oblivious. It's mainly other edc guys that will spot if you have tells.

Once you have a good holster that's half the battle. Next is to stop checking your shirt and "adjusting"

Congrats again.

Enjoy

User

I first started carrying appendix and for the first week or two I kept looking down my flat stomach and, from my point of view at least, it was completely obvious that I was carrying. It would freak my wife out when we would be out walking somewhere and I would stare down towards my crotch area and ask her... "Can you see the bulge too?"

User

Well done making that decision!

I carry a full-size Glock 21. The first day of concealed carry was not so much nerve wrecking as annoying trying to correct my shirt the whole time. I have carried for probably around 10 days by now, I cannot EDC as I go into court where FA's are not allowed and they do not have storage facilities.

Even after fairly little experience carrying is easy and effortless for me. My only issue is when driving or sitting at a slouched angle. I have however found that by just lifting my trousers by the belt before I sit down does ease things a lot!

I am currently looking into a Geof of Sniper Kydex holster, but have a few other obligations to sort out first.

Should feel like Clint Eastwood the first time . I would also suggest having more than 1 type of holster as sometimes you may have to adapt carry position depending on your attire.
    sleep when you're dead

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast