Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Recommend me some good value for money earmuffs (passive or electronic)

bought a cheap Peltor set from S&O in Pretoria. was pleasantly surprised when at the range the first time. was surrounded by some big caliber shooters. the muffs deadened the sound DRASTICALLY to levels I was comfortable with. in facteven when my .22LR fired it muted, so I am very happy with my purchase. They cost something like R580 if I remember correctly

Default Re: Recommend me some good value for money earmuffs (passive or electronic)

Not intended to hi jack, but would like to ask nevertheless...
    Which of the Peltors, MSA or Horward Leight's, have the lowest profile and are ergonomically suited best to shoot a bolt action hunting rifle with?

That's probably between the MSA and the HL. The Peltor's are a bit bulkier, but that bulk provides more space for attenuating material.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Thank you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by .45 View Post
    Not intended to hi jack, but would like to ask nevertheless...
    Which of the Peltors, MSA or Horward Leight's, have the lowest profile and are ergonomically suited best to shoot a bolt action hunting rifle with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    That's probably between the MSA and the HL. The Peltor's are a bit bulkier, but that bulk provides more space for attenuating material.
    I would say the Peltor 6S's would take this prize. Very low profile

User

Thanks again for the responses guys.

Just out of interest, a gun shop close to my place of employment stocks a brand called Ram.
    Nobody here has mentioned this brand but looking at the prices on them compared to the other brands mentioned here I gather they're a bit shit?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
    Thanks again for the responses guys.

Just out of interest, a gun shop close to my place of employment stocks a brand called Ram.
    Nobody here has mentioned this brand but looking at the prices on them compared to the other brands mentioned here I gather they're a bit shit?
    You would gather right.

User

You get what you pay for when it comes to electronic ear protection

User

for general use, the surefire EP earplugs are epicly awesome. and cheap, compared to electronic headsets.
    for more "serious" use, the EP's and electronics work incredibly well together. excellent noise reduction and you can just increase the volume in the headset to compensate for the earplugs.

User

I just ordered a set of Howard Leight Impact Sport OD Electric Earmuff from Amazon for $39.95, works out to approx. R852 incl shipping. From what I read on the forum its a pretty decent set of earmuffs.

link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast