Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Is this Officer Suppose to be able to protect me? Seriously!

https://www.facebook.com/johan.lewis...9/?pnref=story

Not quite sure if I should Laugh my Arse off or cry, run, hide and take cover!
    I seriously hope that this is the very first time this officer has ever seen or picked up a Firearm in his entire life, else our SAP is doomed...

User

Default Re: Is this Officer Suppose to be able to protect me? Seriously!

By the time they get to the range they should know
    the basics. So pretty sure it's not the first time!

I wonder how many that saw this video can actually reassemble a Z88. As to your thread title, firstly I doubt he's an officer, but probably a trainee. So no, he is not suppose (sic) to be able to protect you.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 03-12-2015 at 06:08.

User

Too bloody few I'm guessing.

User

I've seen that video. Too many times.

If you handed me a what's that, Beretta? In pieces I'd have a hard time, and I *like* guns.

How many of you would get to work if you had to rebuild the carbuterror (unintentional typo but I'm letting it stand) before getting the car started?

So people are taking video of this poor fellow and laughing at him but in reality someone should find the person who provided the traning and slap him one.

IMO of course.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I wonder how many that saw this video can actually reassemble a Z88. As to your thread title, firstly I doubt he's an officer, but probably a trainee. So no, he is not suppose (sic) to be able to protect you.
    I definately can't reassemble a Z88 but I expect a Liuet in the SAPS to be able to.Especially if that is the weapon that this person will carry. Either this person did not have any training or failed the training and both those option are scary to think of. What else is missing from this ones training? The video just shows incompetence of basic tasks. It's like a highschool pupil that does not understand basic addition and subtraction.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    The pips on the shoulder says it's a officer. If it was candidate officer the insignia would be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    The pips on the shoulder says it's a officer. If it was candidate officer the insignia would be different?
    Thank you.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wrm View Post
    I've seen that video. Too many times.

If you handed me a what's that, Beretta? In pieces I'd have a hard time, and I *like* guns.

How many of you would get to work if you had to rebuild the carbuterror (unintentional typo but I'm letting it stand) before getting the car started?

So people are taking video of this poor fellow and laughing at him but in reality someone should find the person who provided the traning and slap him one.

IMO of course.
    Weapon training starts in the classroom and not on the range.

I have never understood the fascination that the SAPS instructors have with making students reassemble guns under the clock. What is the purpose? Cleaning guns in the middle of the gunfight? Or for the eventuality that your gun suddenly springs apart? I guess doing that and taking video is easier than actually teaching students how to shoot though.

Also, from the bird shit on his shoulder he is a captain - so he probably rides a desk, perhaps even in a support role like logistics or IT.

He may also have been trained on the PX4, but been given a Z88 for qualification.

That said, the video is shocking. Not because of the students failure, but because of the instructors.

These instructors have a duty to transfer skills (which the apparently have) to their students so that the latter may be able to defend their lives whilst on duty. They are not teaching a "how to use MS Outlook" or "proper pen and pencil organisation" class but a fucking survival skill.

They have failed miserably and had the sack to film their failure for publication on social media.

They should be fucking embarrassed.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast