Default Christmas period delivery options at Jizni

After having to handle numerous delivery related problems over the past month, I thought it through and came to realise that this was actually to be expected.

We are now in the first Christmas rush period after the Post Office restructuring process began. The Post Office increased their fees while cutting costs and service options at the same time. This can only have the effect of channelling a lot of parcels that were traditionally handled by the Post Office to the commercial couriers. It is now becoming clear that these couriers are feeling the pressure from the increased load. Drivers that has delivered to an address numerous times are now strangely missing deliveries because "Address not found," or any other random reason.

As much as I want to, I can't blame the courier companies for this. With the Business Confidence Index still near a 22 year low, I am very cautious about adding capacity as well. So I've decided to accept it for what it is, and have come up with the following ideas for the 2015 Christmas period. Depending on how well they work, some of them may continue indefinitely:

- All Post Office delivery options have been disabled until after the Christmas high volume period. Their track and trace functionality seems to be the first thing that goes when they come under strain, which makes it almost impossible to address problems.

- Some clients find it easier to collect, but since I'm running around more than usual as well, finding a time slot that works for us both may be a hassle. So I've arranged with the friendly folks of PostNet Forest Hill that customers can collect parcels there. No courier fees, no need to make an appointment. I just need some time to get the parcel there. Forest Hill Shopping Centre is conveniently located next to the N14 at the R55 offramp, and they are open from 9 AM until 7 PM Monday - Friday, and 9 AM - 1 PM on Saturdays. Orders will be available for collection the next day. Customers will receive a "tracking number" to use at PostNet, and a "Shipped" e-mail to indicate that it is ready. It's basically the same as having the parcel sent to your local PostNet. It's just my PostNet, not yours.

- I'm increasing the speed at which I'm sending parcels out the door. While I usually guarantee sending parcels within 1-2 days, I'm getting them out within one day. Outgoing parcels are sent as late as possible, also allowing me to get some early bird customers' parcels out on the same day.

- For a limited period, I'm reducing delivery costs to Gauteng addresses to R75. I have always said that you have to drive from anywhere further than Centurion itself, it is cheaper (and quicker) to have it delivered. This is an attempt to make that circle a bit wider.

Sometimes you want to browse through a store and chat about the options, and sometimes you just want to grab some stuff and move on. The above measures are not meant to discourage the former, but merely to assist the latter.

Default Re: Christmas period delivery options at Jizni

Increasing the sending speed. Is this even possible. Its the fastest from anyone I have bought online.
    Faster will be receiving the items before even ordering. LOL.

Luckily got my Christmas present from Jizni last week. The Cajun Pro Package.

User

Default Re: Christmas period delivery options at Jizni

Well done Marius! Staying ahead of the pack.

Got our parcel today, yip the post office route isn't the best over this period.