Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Looking for some wisdom...

Glad you came rite.

User

Quote Originally Posted by egenis View Post

Remember - the heavier the arrow the stiffer it'll be. This might indicate as well why your 418gn shoots better than the 538gn?

No, not really. It depends entirely on the static spine of the arrow. If he adds weight to the front of the arrow the dynamic spine will get softer, meaning more flex so he could end up having to change to arrows with a much stiffer static spine to accommodate a much heavier weight up front.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    No, not really. It depends entirely on the static spine of the arrow. If he adds weight to the front of the arrow the dynamic spine will get softer, meaning more flex so he could end up having to change to arrows with a much stiffer static spine to accommodate a much heavier weight up front.
    Mmm. You are right. Does make more sense the way you have explained.

User

Thanks guys.

Tomorrow Maruis and I are going to test all my arrows. I still think it might be the fletching or a bend on the FMJs. I have six FMJs, but I only really use 3 when I practise. I damaged the fletching on the first set and also shot a nock off one. Since going to the spare FMJs flight has changed. Over the 15 yards that my yard allows it was not too noticeable. I assumed it was because of torque and I kept looking at my form, but thinking back I realise it might have been my arrows.

We are going to take the chrono out tomorrow and then we will work out kinetic energy after we had a look at the arrows. I am really looking forward to figuring it all out and I feel confident that we will find the problem. If we can’t I am so coming back too all you guys…

User

Gertjie, you should consider using feathers , it gives you the added advantage on higher speeds of the arrow, better stability and trajectory causing better accuracy..it also stabilizing you fixed broad heads quite well. Although more expensive than vanes it will ensure excellent flight and maybe sort out the erratic groupings on 40 yards you are experiencing.

Slapping your wrist: Your grip /posture is not correct, you are grabbing the bow and hold it to tight..you need to hang the bow between your thump and index finger open the other three fingers and relax your wrist...the tension on the bow string will stabilize you bow..relax your upper arm muzzle , slow your breathing ,exhale slowly before releasing and keep drawing back your bowstring while releasing your arrow..use your back shoulder mussel to correct you aim ...when releasing the bow , do not anticipate the release , keep pulling back on the bowstring when releasing...

These few point may assist you to repeat every shot exactly the same manner as the previous shot ensuring better accuracy..

Another exercise will be to stand in front of the butt, five yards, close your eyes , draw, stabilize your breathing and release the arrow, be careful , this might cause you to split the other arrows..this whole process you need to keep your eyes closed...( just open your eyes after the shot so you can see how good the shot was..) This exercise will ingrain the release procedure and feel of the arrow being shot)

Shooting five arrows a day to practice is better than shooting fifty arrows a day..
    Enjoy your bow, it is a good companion...

Gert

User

Thank you, Gert.

I will have a look at feathers. For the time being I am just going to focus on form. There a few tweaks on the bow I want to sort first. My friend had a look at my bow and he told me we would have to change settings on the cams to get it perfect for me, so we will do that first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4