Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Belt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EDC Belt

Evening Guys.
    I have done alot of searching and alot of reading of old posts using the search function. I am looking for a EDC Belt for when CFR decide to approve my sec 13 application. I have read about and seen the range of hailstorm belts,the Cobra duty belt and the CR Speed EDC Belt. My problem is that I really have a hard time with buckles. I'm driving on the farm for 80% of my work day and I find that buckles really chow my lower stomach because I wear loose fitting shirts that are not tucked in,buckle on skin basically. I'm currently just using a leather belt from Cape Union mart which has my leather man on it. My EDC knife is in my pocket. Would the badger belt be the way to go if buckles give me a hard time? Is there a brand I'm missing out on? Any comments would be great. Thanks.
    *Edit* I would prefer Nylon over leather.

Default Re: EDC Belt

Yeah I was typing "Badger Belt" in my head halfway through reading your post.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Thanks Skaaphaas. I'm thinking the badger would be the way to go. Ive read alot of good things.

User

The cr speed edc belt uses heavy duty velcro no buckle required

Banned

Have you tried moving the belt buckle to the side? It might look stupid but it works if nothing else helps. I deduce that the buckle scrapes and scratches; if it causes allergic reactions you could consider a silver buckle. Otherwise, take a regular modern shooting belt

Moving buckle to the side works well... As a new EDC'er I actually prefer it that way...

User

I have been using the CR Speed EDC belt for about 2 years now. It is very good and has lasted well over the years and holds my holster really well, plus it is super comfortable,

User

I used a CR Speed EDC belt for a year. I was quite happy with it. It doesn't have a buckle but I found that because of the rigidity, it had the same effect of digging into my stomach when seated for long periods. All in all the belt was pretty good. After EDC for about 12-16 months the Velcro stopped working and I needed a replacement. I went with the badger belt because I didn't want a big buckle. The other huge different is the thickness. The CR speed is huge compared to the Badger. Been using the Badger since October and its great, I especially like the low profile while also being very rigid.

User

Perhaps also check out the Wilderness Original Instructor belt. It has a metal buckle but the profile of it is rounded. In addition it is a nylon belt and comes in black, coyote or olive. Think Hailstorm stocks them.

Have worn one for EDC purposes for 18 months on a daily basis and find them to be really comfortable (but rigid enough to support a FA and a spare mag). Good luck with your search!!

Thanks for all the input guys. I might need to head up to JHB so I can actually go into a shop and try out each belt. I think it will be between the CR Speed and the Badger Belt. Appreciate all your comments

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast