Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question COMPENSATOR OPTIONS IN SA

I need a comp for my CQ-A for 3 gun.

Looks like it is a case of experimenting with what is available until you are happiness.
    I don't want to pay schoolfees...

What are your experience good and bad with comps?

Does anyone run the AD Tactical comp?

User

Default Re: COMPENSATOR OPTIONS IN SA

Imo the best comp for the price available in SA is the DPMS Miculek.

It comes with a lock nut so adjustment and installation is a breeze.

Hailstorm sells them and I am involved with Hailstorm so take that into consideration

That said I am backed up by this data:

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdn...-one-chart.jpg

in this test: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ke-shootout-2/

Remember that different plaforms, different barrel lengths, different gas system lengths, different gas systems etc will all react differently to the same brake so it very difficult to be succinct in recommending brakes.

Brakes are also a personal thing - you may want a purely competition brake and are not concerned with blast and noise or you may need a brake that also deals with flash or a brake that gives less dust signature shooting on the ground or a brake that is maybe not on the high end of muzzle movement control but more for duty and more"sociable".

The loud brakes will be super bad in respect of noise and blast in confined areas or inside buidlings and for application is those areas one may be much better off with a flash hider (if you do not have QD suppression option) and take the few miliseconds more to recover shot to shot in competition use. If you are the top contender in 3 Gun you will want the super brake, if not it really will not matter that much at the end of the day and it may serve you better to have a less aggressive muzzle device.

The difficulty on deciding about a brake is that opinions are opinions and we know every........ Without a pesonal wide experience on several different levels of brakes an opinion is not worth much and therefor tests like the one done by TTAG helps one on the way of deciding.

I have used the following brakes:
    1.Wilson
    2.Smith Good Iron
    3.Battlle Comp
    4.BCM
    5.Claymore
    6.Lantac
    7.Miculek
    8.Precision Armament M4-72

I still have all except #5.

I still use #3,4,6 and 7 and need to give #8 more time.

#8 gives backward slanted blast so I do not recomment it for a SBR.

All are loud and blasty but less so for #3 and 4 - they work excellently on the SBR due to their less aggresive braking and incorporated flash supression so for me they are prime in that role. I have Batlle Comp and BCM in use. #3 and 4 are imo true duty comps.

Everyone that uses a Miculek is surprised by how well it works and the price/performance ratio.

I love the Lantac on my 18" Rifle length gas sytem AR.
    Last edited by DS; 12-01-2016 at 07:16.

User

I feel I should add that the Miculek muzzle break is also one of the most affordable models out there. I'm not sure if it still is but when I grabbed mine it was just over R640, while others were in the R2500 range. Whether you can realistically feel the difference that R1900 can make I can't comment on. Very happy with it - it's loud and blasts shit everywhere, while keeping muzzle down.

User

Does anyone have feedback on the 3% engineering worx Brake and Concussion Disruption shroud?

User

I was messing about the other day with my Miculek comp. I set it 90 deg from its intended orientation. 3 shots and the effects were easily noticed muzzle jumping all over, and the biggest dust cloud you could imagine!

I then hen took it and orientated it about 190/200 deg from instructed installation. So basically upside down and slanted slight towards the 1 o clock position better but massive dust cloud again. Then lastly I installed it correctly with a slight tilt to about 12:30/1:00 in the correct orientation and I was pretty impressed at how much better it worked with just the wider/narrower ports in the correct orientation.

I must say say it is freaking loud, but then again I came from a birdcage flash hider to this. I'm keen to have a look at the 3% comp as it looks like it is suppressor friendly.

My observations are with a S&W M&P15 Sport 16" Barrel, using .223 Whitebox, .223 PMP, and some of my own reloads.

User

Get the Miculek Brake, affordable and will do the job

User

Both are excellent products(Miculek and 3%). I have run both. No BS affordable and effective comps/brakes. 3% does have the option for a screw-on disruption shroud(you can buy the brake separately), and a screw-on suppressor in the near future I am told. You can't go wrong with either.

User

We've had very good results with the SCB from ALG

User

I have the miculek installed on my 14.5 inch NEA. Installed as per Jerry Miculek's video on youtube.

Works great!

Banned

I love supporting South African products, so my question is how does the Numenor ones compete with the ones mentioned above ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast