Default 3GN HANDGUN HOLSTER

Hi, I am looking for a handgun holster for 3gn. More specific something that will hold my CZ Shadow secure enough not to fall out on the run.

I come from IPSC and the cr speed wsm II is the only holster I used. Not for running.
    I've got a shitty Fobus holster with the retention level on par with a rawl bolt.....
    I've seen the Safariland model 5198 (with belt loops, not paddle) and the guy using it (for IPSC) is happy with it. Looks fairly decent and well priced. Retention seems ok from fiddling with it for 2 minutes or so.

What I could find (for the CZ Shadow) from window shopping on the net was :

In SA

Comp-tac International OWB

DAA PDR (belt ride, low ride, PRO and IDPA)

Blade-Tech OWB

In USA The BOSS doh from Ben Stoeger pro shop.

Anyone got something to say about these holsters? Maybe better options than this?
    I've only seen the Safariland one.

Thanks guys!

User

Default Re: 3GN HANDGUN HOLSTER

Comp-tac International OWB

Blade-Tech OWB

I have both of these for the shadow, I really like the Comp-Tac, so much so that I got one for my mod 41 as well

Is the Comp-Tac's retention good enough for running with a heavy pistol like the Shadow?

The advantage of the DAA PDR Pro is that it has an adjustable hanger, so you can position it in exactly the same place as your WSM II. The retention is also easily adjustable, so you can clamp down on it properly.

User

The CR Secure will also work very well and can be retrofitted to your CR Speed hanger.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    The CR Secure will also work very well and can be retrofitted to your CR Speed hanger.
    This seems like a plan

I would say first option is a level 2 retention holster which as an added level of retention. This is a practical as well as mental thing. I know I run faster when there is no possible way that my gun can come out.

Second option would be a normal OWB holster with its retention screws tightened. That's what most guys use and they are fine

Most guys in the states are running a level 2 retention holster as they run 'heavy' 2011's