Default Tikka T3 Sporter 6.5x55 with IOR optic and self made supressor

Tikka T3 6.5x55 with IOR optic.

This group was shot at 380m 5mph left to right wind, Tikka T3 Sporter loaded with 140 gr berger vld hunting @ 2620 fps,
    optic IOR 4-28x50 recon with 40 mm tube.

This is a SA Hunters 300m target shot with the same combo but with 123gr lapua scenars @ 2850 fps.

Bullet testing ,123 gr lapua scenar , not suitable for soft skinned game at these low velocities. Shot at 350 m just behind shoulder (meat saver) , penciled through with caliber sized wound channel .The ram reacted to the shot by pulling up its left front leg and darting off on a 100m run over a ridge line ,I ran to the ridge line and out of breathe took a followup shot (neck shot) the bullet impacted high on the jaw knocking the ram down .The ram was dead buy the time I reached it.Rifle was fitted with Nightforce optic for this test.

This rifle ,caliber and optic combination has been a pleasure to shoot from day one ,I have yet to find a bullet that wont shoot sub moa, I am quite certain that it will shoot sub moa if loaded with a Jack Russell TURD.

User

Default Re: Tikka T3 Sporter 6.5x55 with IOR optic and self made supressor

I would like to put a suppressor on my Tikka 6.5x55 but here in the States it would cost $200 for the ATF permit and $1000 for the suppressor.

I loaded some Barnes LRX 127g bullets yesterday to test out but today the wind is 40kph and gusty; not much point in testing them in these conditions.

I need to try out some scenars.

krieger I bet you could import a quality suppressor from RSA for about $150 and if you wait a little longer while our currency free falls into the abyss you could get one for the price of a burger and a coke.

User

Unfortunately they are classified under our military gear rules. Like our NVG's, select fire weapons or short barrel weapons, I can buy one but I can't take it out of the country or sell it to someone who is. So importing something on that list would be impossible.

My Tikka, a 2001 year model, was the predecessor of yours, same action and barrel but you got a better type of stock. My is just a standard hunting type monte carlo wood stock.

I have used it for 15 hunting seasons; I always pull it out of the rack because it is the best....

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    Unfortunately they are classified under our military gear rules. Like our NVG's, select fire weapons or short barrel weapons, I can buy one but I can't take it out of the country or sell it to someone who is. So importing something on that list would be impossible.

My Tikka, a 2001 year model, was the predecessor of yours, same action and barrel but you got a better type of stock. My is just a standard hunting type monte carlo wood stock.

I have used it for 15 hunting seasons; I always pull it out of the rack because it is the best....
    I too have the previous Tikka madel the M595 medium action and I must admit it is and will allways be my go to gun as the stocks on these guns were way better than the current ones and the actions much smoother.

The accuracy of them is something to behold too.

When I die I want to return to this world as a stainless steel synthetic model Tikka light !!