Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Compound bow setup- whisker biscuit rest, sights?

I use on my pig bow the following, Axial Armasight with sight light, blade rest and on the left riser I mounted a picatinny rail and on that I have a torch with red or green light. Now I can shoot Bushpig and I don't have to carry so much hardware to the stand.

I'll try and post a pic when I get to a computer later.

User

User

Chap that looks like a awesome rigg.

How far does that flashlight shine when hunting pigs? I think I might try it on my bow.

User

Thanks Gertjies, far enough I'd say, it will easily reach 25 m but you also don't want it too bright. I'm a firm believer to get as close as possible especially at night. I don't like shooting at Bushpig further than 15yards. This is night shooting obviosly.

User

I would totally agree with you on that, Chap! 15 yards for night shooting is all you want. I am asking, because I want to hunt pushpig at night as well. I thought about the setup a long time, but I totally spaced on the rail\flashlight setup. I have a HHA Optimizer single pin sight on with the Rheostat and I think if I open the rheostat all the way it might pick up some light from the flash light. I am going to test it and have a look.

User

Chatted to one of Archers Edge staff shooters whose a keen hunter, he recommends the Vaportrail Limbdriver V for hunting/3D shoots . A bit pricey, may wait a bit . Will go there on Saturday to look at options. For sights i bought the spot-hogg 5 pin that bowhunter had for sale.

User

Three of my friends have Vaportrails. Really an awesome rest.

I myself have the Ripcord full containment rest. Also really a great rest. I love that it works of the bow's limbs.

I would go for any drop-away rest as long as it has full containment. If you go hunting you don't want the arrow to fall out...

User

Just my opinion based on my experience when it comes to a "full containment" rest. Yes they are popular and yes they do help if you happen to be pulling too much weight and tend to shake the arrow off the rest while drawing, BUT with all the full containment drop away rests I have used, when walking and stalking with an arrow nocked, you still have to keep a finger holding the arrow down otherwise it will fall around inside the containment and make a noise. I personally wouldn't have "full containment" on the top of my list.

User

Going for the setup this week, is putting a peep sight necessary/worthwhile?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Going for the setup this week, is putting a peep sight necessary/worthwhile?
    Rear peep?

If you are not shooting instructive / traditional - hell yes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast