Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Camping with my Son

We look at. Security in the area and facilities. No problem with a long drop and bringing your own water and supplies. But hospital and fencing around the property. Basically we train the guys on how to be safe in the bush before we put them in the bush.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    I have thought about this often as well , what are the safety aspects to this topic ?
    If my mom was raising me today she would be locked up for child abuse or FA negligence.

I was running around at 5 with a pellet gun and shooting doves to cook on a fire. I was literally gone from sun up to sun down. 500 pellets in a day was nothing, despite the fact that I couldn't cock the pellet gun properly. Broke my nose trying one day. But we were lucky that we were out in the sticks, renting from farm owners who didn't mind kids shooting doves as long as they ate them. At 12 that Pellet gun was upgraded to .22 and instead of being gone during the day only I was often gone at night on the weekends as well, and instead of doves it was rabbits.

I look at what 5 year olds are up to these days and some time wonder if my mom was actually negligent...

User

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    As in getting robbed around the campfire or shot by your own son?
    robbed at the camp fire or whilst sleeping in a tent .

User

It's been happening alot recently at different dams camping is being targeted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2