Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
If the thread is off-centre, then surely the crown was also cut off-centre? That does not inspire much confidence in the 'smith and his work. A 1,2mm offset bore is clearly visible to the naked eye of an untrained person...

The proper way to thread and crown such a barrel, is to make a (brass) mandrel that fits snugly inside the barrel and extends out far enough to allow the dial guage to touch it at 2 points. This allows the machinist to clock up the bore of the barrel, which then aligns the crown and thread with the bore. Yes, it takes more time and effort to do it right.

I have no experience with those triggers, but I suspect they are rivited on to the action and not easily opened. Mods may be limited to installing a better take-up and over-travel stop in some way.

Such a short-barreled and supressed 22 rifle should be very handy, and especially so for kids. You might want to consider a shorter or adjustable stock too.

Test it's accuracy potential with a variety of ammo. If the supressor and crown are properly installed, it may very well surpise you.
The hole/bore was drilled off centre into the metal during production. I suspect that the original drilled hole was not straight either but I cannot prove it. The smith used a bore centring device which plugged into the barrel. It had quite an obvious runout due to the original misaligned bore.

The crown might be another culprit, and that can be recut easily. Fact is that my 308 shoot just as good after he cut the threading for it's suppressor.