Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Powder limits

User

Default Re: Powder limits

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    No. I wanted to buy two and the sales oke told me I'm allowed to have 4. Since I didn't have any at home, I took it.
    Maybe he was wrong, but it's done now.
    One licence = 500g transport permit, so actually you transported explosives illegally.

User

Well it's done and dusted. Won't make the same mistake again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    I understood something similar. Only allowed to transport 1kg (2 tins) at a time. But I've given up on trying to find the relevant act.
    It is quite hard since it is all based on the original act of 1958 (everything it is still specified in lb, oz and all the fee and fines in British pounds) then they tacked on amendments every couple of years up to the 90's. Doesn't seem likely to find a comprehensive free copy on internet for self education.

User

I remember reading there was an amendment which removed the 2.4kg limit, but was never put into practice....anyone else hear anything about that?

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    It is quite hard since it is all based on the original act of 1958 (everything it is still specified in lb, oz and all the fee and fines in British pounds) then they tacked on amendments every couple of years up to the 90's. Doesn't seem likely to find a comprehensive free copy on internet for self education.
    You are severely misinformed.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    One licence = 500g transport permit, so actually you transported explosives illegally.
    Can you provide a source for that?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    I remember reading there was an amendment which removed the 2.4kg limit, but was never put into practice....anyone else hear anything about that?
    Limit was upped to 2.5kg and 10kg for those with dedicated status in new Explosive Act 2003 (which you can easily find) but up to now no new regulations have been written and accepted and until then the old regulations based on the really old act stays in effect

PS - hope I'm getting it right as Skaaphaas explained it to me year or 2 ago in a similar thread.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    You are severely misinformed.
    More info would be appreciated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    Limit was upped to 2.5kg and 10kg for those with dedicated status in new Explosive Act 2003 (which you can easily find) but up to now no new regulations have been written and accepted and until then the old regulations based on the really old act stays in effect

PS - hope I'm getting it right as Skaaphaas explained it to me year or 2 ago in a similar thread.
    I remember that thread...vaguely......but finding that doc could help...

User

Honestly I think the original limit of 2.4Kg doesn't make much sense either. If one has even the standard 4 licences, and have the need for powder specific to each firearm, that just barely covers it. Fine for small calibers like the .32ACP I have, you will at least load a 1000+ rounds out of a tin, but I can imagine the ballache if one has a large caliber that requires 50+ grains per round. Especially with Somchem being as consistent as they are

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast