Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

So I give Jorge a shout and he'll hook me up?

User

Pins are up and running in KZN and based in Richards Bay, Anton Kroep is running it, if no joy i can pass contact details if required.

Dave

PistolBoy, the only serious pin shooting I know about in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area is at Mountain Tactical Shooting Club at the Roodepoort International Shooting Range. MTSC essentially doubles as the Gauteng Pin Shooting Association, website www.gpsa.org.za.

We shoot all pin disciplines, including stock & pin gun, stock & pin revolver, 9 pin tipover, .22 Smith & .22 rifle, light rifle (.223) and shotgun. The next shoot is scheduled for 18 April, at which I happen to be chief RO. It's involve .22 rifle, light rifle and shotgun. You're welcome to visit, contact me on leonstander@gmail.com.

User

The old MTSC range was awesome. Such a pity it is no more.

Banned

Well down here in the WP we are moving over to the Western Cape Shooting Union. Then we have the full use of the rifle ranges again. :)

At this stage we shoot all the core events (stock gun, stock revolver forced reload, pin gun, pin revolver, 9 pin) and the following elective event; 22 smith, snubby, pocket pistol, shotgun manual loading (pump/lever/bolt) forced reload, shotgun auto loading forced reload, shotgun open division (anything goes - manual vs semi - high capacity etc. etc. - think of it as Pin Shotgun ;) )

Now with the rifle ranges becoming available we will have the auto loading and bolt action rifle events going as well.

That's the one thing I love about pin shooting. It covers a lot of guns. I have yet to see another sport offering you the range of weapons you should own for a shooting sport. And yet the minimum you really need to be competitive is a revolver and a high capacity pistol. That's the bare minimum. That will cover the core events. Electives I'm afraid you will have to miss out on but that's why most guys don't just get the bare minimum. :)

Thanks LeonS i will contact you after I come back from vacation on the 11th.

Yes PP the wide variety of guns that Pin shooting covers is verry appealing!

Sorry to say, but I found the pins a presented by Mountain Tactical was poorly organised. Not notified of shoot date etc despite being a member of both the club, and association. This was still under the old guard, maybe things have changed.
    Mute point as I decided to move onto another (better organised) shooting sport.

Only so much time to load ammo, and shoot different disciplines in one month.
    Plus can only afford to buy so many guns . . .
    Sorry to be negative but that was my experience.

Banned

Sorry to hear that. It is very unfortunate. Where is Mountain Tactical? Thing is (and with all shooting sports) everybody wants to shoot and nobody wants to help out. I've seen this in IDPA. Guys don't come and help setup the stages, patch or break down at the end of the day. Pins is the same. The guys who do this do it free of charge.....or my favourite.....for the love of the sport. You only have so much "love" before that runs out and then you start getting negative.

I'm not here to sway you back. It seems you are beyond that point. However the minimum required guns you need is 2. 1 x revolver + 1 x pistol. The rounds you shoot out is up to you. Don't miss. Minimum Round count (if you don't ever miss) would be 24 for Revolver + 15 for Gun event (revolver or pistol) + 27 for 9 pin (pistol only event)

Those other more organised sports just have more willing hands to allow it to be more organised. Also I don't know when you did this but the sport has matured in many respects from "those" days. :)

Although I hear you and your point is valid.
    If you want to retain members and promote and grow the sport, you need it to well organised, [b] and the members to know when the shoots are![b/]

If you want pins in Gauteng to grow you are going to need to sort this out.
    I don't feel Mountain Tactical can do that for you.
    They (Mountain Tactical) represent Pin shooting in Gauteng.
    If there are other clubs up in Gauteng please point me to them.
    Mountain Tactical is the club which which shoots at the Roodepoort Internation Shooting Range (old Cecil Payne).

As A case in point I went to the website you put up for pistolBoy, and the GPSA - dates are wrong! Don't mean to bust your balls on this, but if you have info on a website it needs to be upto date and correct.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast