Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Pin shooters on this forum

Just to give some background:

We, Free State Pin Shooting Association, used to exist here in Harrismith. But due to too few members, we dissolved! As per usual the entire running of an association / club etc, is left to the dedicated 'few'. And it was those dedicated few that were FSPSA. We have now joined the better equipped, more organized and stable Gauteng Pin Shooting Association. And i am happy to say that i now represent and shoot under the Gauteng flag.
    We have been involved in the sport of Pin Shooting for atleast 7 years now. And have come to know all the dedicated pin shooters in the other provinces very well. And have built and maintained personal relationships with many of these members.

With regards to Anton Kroep, he was an ex Harrismither. This is where he was involved with Pin Shooting. He later moved to Richards Bay where he tried to start the sport there.

Dave (kolobe) was allso a member (driving force) behind FSPSA at one stage, befor he left for Polokwane.

With regards to Gauteng Pin Shooting Association. Cas (Chairman, cassim221@hotmail.com) , Jorge (Vice Chairman, jgoncalves@polka.co.za), George (Treasurer), Tony and others, as far as I'm concerned they have been running an extremely well organized setup from the Cecil Payne range. Cas is running a tight and well oiled ship!

We, ex FSPSA still have all our tables (single 9 Pin, and 5/8 Pin Double Teir). If any one is interested in these tables, let me know. I'll have to converse with others first befor we make a decision to possably sell these tables.

I look farward to seeing the Gautengers on the 2nd/3rd June for another professionally executed and SAFE Gauteng Provincial Championships.

Those that have negative experiences with regards to GPSA, please speak to Cas and Co. Life is too short to have quibbles amongst parties! We need to enjoy our extra mural activities.
    I do agree that the GPSA website is abit neglected and outdated. These days the first place newcomers will check is the website. I know this issue has been brought up in the past. I will let Cas know. Facebook pages are becoming just as effective. And are easier to maintain and update.
    Please check out 'South African Pin Shooting' and 'GPSA Annual Provincial Championships' on Facebook for more information.

With regards to PTA starting Pin Shooting. Why not?! The more the merrier! I understand that it is abit of a drive to Maraisburg, JHB, but hell, I drive from Harrismith to take part in some of the shoots!!!

So I'll leave it at this.
    Franco and Bosman, we'll be seeing you at the Gauteng Champs !! :)

User

Try as I might, I can't seem to find any info on if there is a club here in Durban? Can anyone shed some light on this? :)

User

This is your opportunity to start pin shooting in KZN, would enjoy having another province to compete against.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Try as I might, I can't seem to find any info on if there is a club here in Durban? Can anyone shed some light on this? :)
    Marshy, I am trying to get info from the SA pin shooting federation. I am in the same boat as you with regards a club. Nearest is Newcastle and I think out at Richards bay as well.

Once I have the spec's etc. for the tables, distances to targets and the rest, I plan to build my own and take it down to my local range to see if I can get any interested shooters.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Marshy, I am trying to get info from the SA pin shooting federation. I am in the same boat as you with regards a club. Nearest is New Castle and I think out at Richards bay as well.

Once I have the spec's etc. for the tables, distances to targets and the rest, I plan to build my own and take it down to my local range to see if I can get any interested shooters.
    Which range is that, Blunderbuss? What area are you looking at?

User

Hi all KZN Shooters.

Nice to hear that there is interest in your area. We just completed a provisional rule book for pin shooting. Up for discussion at the National champs in Cape Town an AGM.

Everything you need to know is in the book. From safety to different events to rules for events to table building plans.

I'am from Tzaneen in Limpopo. My club is ± 50 members with ± 20 very dedicated shooter, a couple of youngsters (PEE WEE's 13 & under). Polokwane is even bigger.

In our club we have combined it with practical (IPSC) Pins in the morning & Practical Club shoots in the afternoon.

For more info send me a email digicap@wol.co.za

Will gladly share my knowledge with you guys.

Mapstone has potential to be a pins club as well. Will only take some commitment good planning

User

Hi all KZN Shooters.

Nice to hear that there is interest in your area. We just completed a provisional rule book for pin shooting. Up for discussion at the National champs in Cape Town an AGM.

Everything you need to know is in the book. From safety to different events to rules for events to table building plans.

I'am from Tzaneen in Limpopo. My club is ± 50 members with ± 20 very dedicated shooter, a couple of youngsters (PEE WEE's 13 & under). Polokwane is even bigger.

In our club we have combined it with practical (IPSC) Pins in the morning & Practical Club shoots in the afternoon.

For more info send me a email digicap@wol.co.za

Will gladly share my knowledge with you guys.

Mapstone has potential to be a pins club as well. Will only take some commitment good planning

User

Any update on pinshooting clubs in Durban?

Google SA Pin Shooting Federation and contact the Chairman direct. He will assist without doubt. Drop me a PM if you need more contact details.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
    Google SA Pin Shooting Federation and contact the Chairman direct. He will assist without doubt. Drop me a PM if you need more contact details.
    E-mail sent, however the site has contact details for a few provinces but kzn is not listed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast