Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Pin shooters on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 786dbn View Post
    E-mail sent, however the site has contact details for a few provinces but kzn is not listed.
    Maybe Kwa Zulus are real souties and use pins for ten pin bowling only. LoL and duck.
    It could be that a provincial body is not formed yet.
    Please assist this GS member to get into the fun of pin shooting.
    Potentpoefie where are you?

User

I did approach my previous club, but got told that they were only interested in "formal" target shooting.
    I am working (slowly I am afraid) to get things started in my new club.

User

Any update on pinshooting clubs in Durban?
    PM me, I can give you info. The only "official" group shooting Pins in KZN, is in Newcastle.

For anyone interested, Pin Shooting has a great stand at Huntex, see them on stand 590I. A number of other shooting sports also has stands from 590A.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    PM me, I can give you info. The only "official" group shooting Pins in KZN, is in Newcastle.
    PM sent.
    p.s. I saw a firearm training centre in NEWCASTLE called...wait for it....GUNSITE :-)
    I'm sure you know it

User

Hi Guys
    The only active Pin Shooting Club in KZN that is affiliated to SAPSF (SA Pin Shooting Federation) is indeed based in Newcastle.

The KZN PSA (KZN Pin Shooting Association) that is a provincial chapter of SAPSF is also based here. We have regular shoots and presently have 15 permanent members, more than half of them already with Dedicated Status. We are the section of a bigger local shooting club (Buffalo River Shooting Club) and have our own range dedicated only to shooting pins, with permanent steel tables.
    If you require more information please PM me or you can speak to the any member of the SAPSF at Huntex.(more info in this thread)
    Marek

PS The Gunsite training Academy in Newcastle has been established many years ago (AFAIK) but is not very active presently, if it is active at all.

User

PM sent.
    p.s. I saw a firearm training centre in NEWCASTLE called...wait for it....GUNSITE :-)
    I'm sure you know it
    No PM received, but Marekjan is the guy to speak to.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    No PM received, but Marekjan is the guy to speak to.
    Probably lost - posting from mobile. Marekjan just posted some details. I think we durban okes (like myself) will find it hard to drive 2.5-3hrs to Newcastle for a shoot. You know, as kk20 said, " we lazy buggers who need to get paid to apply for free glocks" Will try to pluck up the courage though.

User

Hi 786dbn
    You are welcome to come, have a look, blast some pins and then start your own section/club. I traveled to CT (1500km) to get info , brought back a box of pins, built first table - (my own Rs and hands) and the section was slowly born. It all depend how much do you want to have it.
    Travelling IS a bit of a hassle but if you get a buddy or two, share the fuel costs that't not too bad.
    We travel 300km one way to shoot SADPA once a month. Adds to cost a bit, but it is fun and we enjoy it a lot. Even watching sunrise on the way is great.
    At least nobody can doubt my dedication, neh?
    I will gladly help you with all the info, paperwork, lessons learnt etc, etc
    There is work to be done, but it is definitely worth it.
    You may also like to contact Blunderbuss on this forum. He is (hopefully) still interested so there will be two of you in Dbn
    Cheers & good luck
    Mj

User

Hi Mj.
    Will any of you KZN pin shooters be attending the upcoming Gauteng Provincial champs?

Limpopo will be there in force, defending our honour. Most GPSA trophies are residing in Limpopo at present. Hoping to teach them a few lessons again...

Regards!

786dbn
    MJ is 100% correct in his advise.
    Visit them for a shoot. Get the dope. Get some pins from them. Start your own fun. Others will be hooked soon and then you guys from Dbn visit them for a league shoot.
    Start with two plastic 200L drums and a long wooden beam 2"x6" x say 5 feet long and 9 pins at least.
    Once you are hooked you will get other nuts to join you for league shoots and share travel and other costs. Before to long you will build your own pin tables.
    Many like to shoot few to help with the physical and admin side of the fun.
    Hope you understand that without some person being adamant to do it none will join.
    Regards

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast