Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

I seriously miss pin shooting. But I understand that they have done away with elims. That to me was the best part of the sport.

Banned

No way!!

Elims are still going strong. Last man standing. :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by potentpoefie View Post
    No way!!

Elims are still going strong. Last man standing. :)
    at jhb shoots as well?

Banned

Hmmm...that I don't know. I can go find out for you.

I think elims are the most fun event of the entire day. weird things happen as well. I've seen mediocre shooters take out the top guns. Don't know if they can't handle the tress or what but basically it seems like anything can happen.

I fact even I've made it to the semi final rounds of elims. And if you see my scores you will understand how that is some achievement. :) Took out some training providers. :) :) Just makes it that extra special. But earlier in the day when we shot for time they kicked my behind royally.

User

Yup elims are where it's at. They always seperated the men from the boys. They were what made pin shooting so exciting.

User

Smile

We up here in Limpopo are also in this sport. What s nice interactive shooting sport.

Pins shooting is relative new with us. Big center's not, but in our small places defiantly. Our club started in 2008 and have about 80 members with about 40 very active. All new to the sport. So with the new laws and time to get a licence we can't even try to go into a equipment race. Most of us have the basic guns that were licensed for self defense. At the end of the day we compete against our selfs as well. I'am using a pre WW II .38 S&W, but I'am coming on and improving my reloading skills

Limpopo is hosting the SA Pin Shooting National event this year in Polokwane, Come and show us all these technical monster guns.

Hope to see a few neighbors at the Limpopo open Pin Shooting day as well.

User

If you want more information about pin shooting in Gauteng, contact Cas on 0824432245, he has all the details and we are always looking for new guys to join us.

User

Default Re: Not an equipment race or just being Hypocrites

Glad to hear someone out there is thinking. If you happened to be at the nationals and were there at the SAPSF AGM, then your thoughts and proposals can now be listed by your provincial heads. You have a chance to enhance the sport and to level the playing fields. How to compete agaisnt an 8 shot with a 6 shot..... well I dont think you can. Remember that some of the rules were tweeked to suit Africa. Maybe they can be changed to suit more Africans.

User

Big T has it on the button. I would like to see change in a way that could level the field. Stock revolver forced reload should be exactly that. Once six rounds have been spent( you should now only have 2 pins left) cases must be ejected and how the revolver is loaded is entirely up to you, whether it be clips , or speed loaders. The chaps with the 8 shots are also on the same field of play.How one arranges the rounds on the loading block should not play a part. If you want smaller clips . cut your larger ones. What the shooter makes of this race is up to him. I have seen a shooter at the last Nationals using an old .45 revolver. I have yet to see someone reload that fast. He was up against 608"s and it did not seem to matter.

Banned

I can bet you your bottom dollar I know that shooter is from the WP Team. :) Good old Mad Max himself. :) :)

Yes, I do believe that the rules have so been changed that nobody is allowed a competitive advantage with regards to equipment but if you don't have an 8 shot revolver then your done. So 6 shooters are discriminated against. As soon as something allows the 6 shooter to be right up there it's shot down because nobody else is using clips on the 6 gun. Restictions like only 1/3 moon clips may be used or like somebody said the ammo must be arranged in a specific way in the reloading block etc. etc. Although the 625 comes stock standard from the factory with clips and in fact can't work without clips. Well unless you use 45 rimmed cases but that's not the calibre I'm shooting now is it.

But don't worry I'll be on SAPSF's case this coming year again. I am not the sole owner of a Smith & Wesson 625 anymore. The masses will be heard. VIVA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast