Default Zartek 900lm LED Extreme Bright Flashlight

Hi all! I was looking on the Outdoor Warehouse website and came across the Zartek 900L flash light for R760. What are you opinions on this flash light? Is this a reputable brand and worth the money or would you suggest something else? 900L seems pretty decent to me and it is rechargeable which is very convenient. Is rechargeable the way to go or is something that takes batteries that can be recharged better? Check out the links below for more info. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! :)

http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.za/pr...ght-flashlight
    http://www.zartek.co.za/ZA458%20Extreme.htm

Default Re: Zartek 900lm LED Extreme Bright Flashlight

I saw the Zartek a couple of weeks ago and my first opinion was that it is junk compared to Elzetta/Surefire/Olight/Nightcore/etc. The lumen rating is highly unlikely. It uses an old Cree XM-L (not XM-L2) so no, the torch will not put 900 lumens out the front. The distance quoted of 480 meters is also highly unlikely.

My personal advice is to go for something better. You will not regret it.

What is your intended use? If you want a light to chuck in the cubby and forget about then sure.

If you want a high quality torch with high output look at your more reputable brands, like Nitecore, Olight, Fenix, etc. The newer range of Olights and Nitecores are quite impressive.

If you really want something special get a Surefire or Elzetta. Bombproof but be prepared to pay for it, made in the USA don't come cheap.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Try torchguy.com my next one will be another Crelant but a Viper.

Hi people I didn't want to start a new thread as my question is relevant to this one.
    If one had to choose between the Zartek 458 vs LED Lenses T7.2 vs the Fenix E35 what would be the choice?
    I understand that they all might not be the same size but I'm very new to torches and low light.
    Please help

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hussy View Post
    Hi people I didn't want to start a new thread as my question is relevant to this one.
    If one had to choose between the Zartek 458 vs LED Lenses T7.2 vs the Fenix E35 what would be the choice?
    I understand that they all might not be the same size but I'm very new to torches and low light.
    Please help
    Fenix > Led Lenser > Zartek/

That is a pretty mean Fenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    Fenix > Led Lenser > Zartek/

That is a pretty mean Fenix.
    Thanks Knoffel
    I picked up the fenix yesterday from Safari and Outdoor. With the battery and charger it's about 50% more expensive than the Zartek but I defiantly don't have any regrets.
    Thanks again