Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Our website is live

Quote Originally Posted by 3GN_SA View Post
    It's only links because of styling needs. CSS and all. Ask the designer.
    We as in 3GN SA don't own the rules hence it would not be wise to duplicate them. So if it changes we then also have to duplicate those changes. General rule of thumb is if you don't own it then only point to it.

If you want the rules then visit the parent site www.3gunnation.com. However I can have the developer point them to the rulebook but doubt the original pdf has reference bookmarks in them so that the link can go to a bookmarked section of the pdf. But then again if it changes we'll have to make changes to the site again.
    From the Website:Click on each to get a quick run overview of each.
    When I click on the link nothing happens, as with all other links on the home page.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    If you are a member of 3GN USA, do you need to be a member of 3GN SA?
    Yes

- To be on the South African Log
    - To compete at Nationals
    - To get DSS (future)

If you are then a member of 3GN SA, do you still have access to 3GN USA?
    No, you need to join that to have the international benefits of being a member there

- International log
    - Invitations to events
    - Access to classifiers

User

If you are a member of 3GN USA, do you need to be a member of 3GN SA?

If you are then a member of 3GN SA, do you still have access to 3GN USA?
    Hi Andycap,

Best would be to go read up on the Info Sheet to see which benefits each type of membership offers you.

To your first question. The short answer is Yes. For logistical issues like competing in local events above club level you'll need a membership number. You'll also need a membership number so we can start accumulating attendance points towards DSS and to allow us to capture your scores for the SA leader board.

You can be a 3GN SA member only and have access to everything locally. However if you want to still compete with the guys in the States and want to get invited to the States for the Nationals you'll still need a 3GN USA account.

The reason for the split is simple. Because of logistical issues involved around our firearm laws we need to keep our own attendance and other details around the shooters.
    Our currency isn't doing great against the USA Dollar. With 3GN SA membership you get all of the benefits you can locally get at a fraction of the cost of a USA membership. All you lose out on is competing internationally.

This is explained in detail in the info sheet.

Our mandate received from 3GN USA was to grow the sport of 3GN. This is best achieved by making it as accessible to everyone as possible.

That being said all Clubs wanting to register as 3GN Clubs still need to register via 3GN USA and have at least 3 members that have 3GN USA memberships associated with their club. We are still very firmly routed to the parent organisation. Thus we do not stray far if at all and thus we don't have a SA specific rule book either.

So your accounts are governed by how involved you want to get and at what level you want to compete.

User

Default Our website is live

*REDACTED*

Thanks. Replied to above
    Last edited by dux; 29-03-2016 at 16:00.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmirg View Post
    From the Website:Click on each to get a quick run overview of each.
    When I click on the link nothing happens, as with all other links on the home page.
    Will get on the developer's case. Expect some kind of remedial action soon.

User

Wow....i thought i could get single digit membership.....looks like they selling like hot X buns....

Quote Originally Posted by 3GN_SA View Post
    It's only links because of styling needs. CSS and all. Ask the designer.
    We as in 3GN SA don't own the rules hence it would not be wise to duplicate them. So if it changes we then also have to duplicate those changes. General rule of thumb is if you don't own it then only point to it.

If you want the rules then visit the parent site www.3gunnation.com. However I can have the developer point them to the rulebook but doubt the original pdf has reference bookmarks in them so that the link can go to a bookmarked section of the pdf. But then again if it changes we'll have to make changes to the site again.
    Well, it doesn't point anywhere? Nor could I find a division explanation at the .com site. So I am none the wiser.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Thank you.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Well, it doesn't point anywhere? Nor could I find a division explanation at the .com site. So I am none the wiser.
    Problem fixed. There will be a summarized version of the rules for each division except the PPC and 22 Divisions because they sub-divide again into smaller divisions. However the link to the rules are posted on their short descriptions.

Also go have a look at our YouTube channel. PDH made some nice videos explaining the major divisions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Mth__7YrqlXJ9F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2