Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Husband wakes up and shoots dead home invader already on bed

I only have this in Afrikaans, from Netwerk24.

http://www.netwerk24.com/Nuus/Misdaa...skiet-20160328

In short, the wife woke up when the light switch went on in their bedroom. Three guys were in the room, and one jumped onto her. She screamed and her husband woke up next to her, with a guy on the bed above him.

So he grabbed his 9mm pistol from underneath his pillow and shot the guy twice in the chest. He also fired at the other two, who hightailed it out of there.

The blood soaked portion of the mattress had to be cut out for evidence, as the attacker bled to death on it.

Remarkable story, to say the least.

EDIT

The not so nice aftermath is that his pistol has been confiscated for ballistic testing and he is upset because he needs it to defend his family (as should be self evident by now). Hopefully he can get it released quickly.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Husband wakes up and shoots dead home invader already on bed

That is a very shitty way to wake up. Glad the family is ok.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Banned

Whatever happens, they should buy a second weapon. For just such a case.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDijeaux View Post
    Whatever happens, they should buy a second weapon. For just such a case.
    This was the reason I got a second pistol. As unlikely as it sounded when I tried to convince my wife of the necessity. Now that I have it, it provides great peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    This was the reason I got a second pistol. As unlikely as it sounded when I tried to convince my wife of the necessity. Now that I have it, it provides great peace of mind.
    Thats why I want a 3rd pistol...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    One is none and two is one.

User

Why on earth would anyone have to do forensic tests on the blanket? There was a dead guy bleeding on it. What more needs to be determined? Same with the firearm? What could they possibly learn from forensic firing of a firearm? Other than disarming the guy for however long they please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    Why on earth would anyone have to do forensic tests on the blanket? There was a dead guy bleeding on it. What more needs to be determined? Same with the firearm? What could they possibly learn from forensic firing of a firearm? Other than disarming the guy for however long they please.
    They're also pieces of evidence in the case that has been opened. It's not some sinister conspiracy. It's just procedure. If you stabbed the intruder, the knife would be carted off to the evidence locker until the case has been finalised.

User

LOL, when I first read the title I thought a guy woke up and shot an intruder who was already lying dead on the bed

User

Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is done for a firearms ballistic test? Surely all they need is a case and a fired projectile. Why can't this be done by a local gunsmith under the supervision of the local D.F.O.? They G.S can seal the results in an envelope and sign it together with the D.F.O. Equipment wise all that should be needed is a 44 gal. drum of water. The shooter then gets his gun back unless criminal charges are incurred in which case the gun stays at the local station until the case is finalised. Comments appreciated.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast