Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Vector optics 6-25 x 50 rifle scope opinions please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Members, I do get this scope ( still in box, never used with rings as well) at a very good price. It will be Ruan`s first scope to learn some basics of how to use a long range scope...his first scope was/is a Leupold M8 6X40 , still on his 7.62 Israeli Mauser...

I contacted the importer of these scopes, he said if there happens to be a problem with this scope , I need to send it to him, he will send me a brand new scope and send this scope back to China...
    So, for this price , R2300 for the Vector Optics 6-25x50 as `n first longer range scope , with after sales back up by the importer who pointed out these scopes go for R5500 currently , I think it is worth a try to purchase this scope...I will keep in mind that purchasing a cheap scope has its hazards...since only a rich man can afford a cheap rifle scope...
    Hi Gert, who is the importer of the Vector range of scopes? What is after sales service like? Anyone else have experience with Vector?

How did you find your scope? Happy with it?

I'm looking at a Continental 3-18x50 SFP with illumination (and scope mounts) going for R8300 which is nearly half the price of the Bushnell at R15 500. So the Vector is quite tempting.

User

I bought the Vector Everest 3-18x50 in 2017, directly from them. Mounted on my 3006, and within weeks the parallax would shift every time I fired. Soon after the entire parallax knob sheered off under recoil.

Sent them an email, and then returned the item via DHL. About two months later I received a replacement unit. I mounted it on the 3006 again, and the parallax distorts / shifts after every shot...again. I took it off, and it's still in the original box in my garage. Might mount it on my .22 one day.

I now see them advertised everywhere, dirt cheap, and can't help thinking of the saying "The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"..

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    I bought the Vector Everest 3-18x50 in 2017, directly from them. Mounted on my 3006, and within weeks the parallax would shift every time I fired. Soon after the entire parallax knob sheered off under recoil.

Sent them an email, and then returned the item via DHL. About two months later I received a replacement unit. I mounted it on the 3006 again, and the parallax distorts / shifts after every shot...again. I took it off, and it's still in the original box in my garage. Might mount it on my .22 one day.

I now see them advertised everywhere, dirt cheap, and can't help thinking of the saying "The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"..
    Ah crap was just looking at the Everest now and it looked like a good scope but given your experience I don't think it will perform too well on a 308 then either.

Think I just read your review on Amazon

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ah crap was just looking at the Everest now and it looked like a good scope but given your experience I don't think it will perform too well on a 308 then either.

Think I just read your review on Amazon
    I tried to be kind...that was before it broke completely. As I said, their support was not to be faulted.

There are other budget brands I would rather look at. Athlon, Rudolph, Vixen...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3