Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 29 Government Department

Hi Guys,

I applied for my first sec 13 licence at the end of November 2015 so after sitting in processing for 2 months with the help of GOSA and Annette Clark it eventually moved to in consideration on the 15th of March 2016 so last week I spoke to a very helpful chap at the CFR who explained to me the only reason it hasn't been approved yet is because the firearm us still under government department 29 and he said they will change it on there side but as far as he knows there are backlogs with this,

so I asked the dealer and she said she will contact my DFO as everything was submitted,

now my Question

what do I do? who do I contact? I know its not the dealers fault but what are the next steppes to take

Thank you in advance

Default Re: 29 Government Department

Most imported guns sit on Govt 29 until they get the application form at CFR. As long as you have a proper SAP350 with the PI (permanent import) number on it, they will change the status as they process the application and change from dealer to dealer to applicant.
    They don't bother processing SAP350's anymore until they get an application. There are no backlogs, it is done as they process the application.
    Some DFO's still have no clue though, and expect the dealer to miraculously change the status (even though only CFR can do this) and refuse to take applications until it is on a dealers name. But that is incorrect and the fault lies with the DFO.
    Check that your dealer gave you an SAP350 with the import permit number on it, as most do nowdays.

User

That makes sence, so on the SAPS350a I received from the dealer it has

A) dealers name and licence number
    B) Details of firearm received
    1) firearm type
    2) Model
    3) Calibre
    4) Serial Number
    5) Make

C) From whom received
    1) Name
    2) Identification/passport/FAR No
    3) Licence No (left blank)
    4) Date Received

on the back side its just signature and date,

is the import number the "identification/Passport/FAR No?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    Most imported guns sit on Govt 29 until they get the application form at CFR. As long as you have a proper SAP350 with the PI (permanent import) number on it, they will change the status as they process the application and change from dealer to dealer to applicant.
    They don't bother processing SAP350's anymore until they get an application. There are no backlogs, it is done as they process the application.
    Some DFO's still have no clue though, and expect the dealer to miraculously change the status (even though only CFR can do this) and refuse to take applications until it is on a dealers name. But that is incorrect and the fault lies with the DFO.
    Check that your dealer gave you an SAP350 with the import permit number on it, as most do nowdays.
    Yep, 350's stopped being processed when Annetjie Meckesich resigned.
    amazing how 1 person could do the whole country's 350's, but now it can't even be handled regionally.

User

Quote Originally Posted by nortierd View Post
    Yep, 350's stopped being processed when Annetjie Meckesich resigned.
    amazing how 1 person could do the whole country's 350's, but now it can't even be handled regionally.
    Wow!! Just wow...

User

Bureaucracy and efficiency are diametrically opposed concepts.

User

so witch is the IP number

User

Hi Guys just an update,

I just phoned the CFR and spoke to the same guy I spoke to the first time, his name is Neo , the firearm is still under sec 29 government department, so I asked if there isn't someone that I could talk to to get this done and he told me there is a department that do the changes and mine is there also told me it should have been done by today as today is the 90th Working day,

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    I am having the same problem now, purchased a firearm from dealer, dealer furnished 350a & 350b ............ DFO refuses to accept my application, says they are now blocked on the system. I do accept that this is a CFR problem (not dealer), but what to do and who to approach? ........... any suggestions welcome !

User

Hi Guys,

Thought i was the only one with the " Government Department : 29 " issue..
    Has anyone found a way to solve this problem please? My DFO is not willing to help and it seems like the Dealer himself is at a lost
    with the way things are, i just feel maybe not perusing a firearm licence anymore losing that desire, too many things goes wrong.

so Gunsite was my last resort... If anybody can help that would be great
    its nearly a year and im still waiting

thanks in advance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast