Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Scopes that can be serviced locally

I'm looking into scopes that can be serviced here. I personally have never had to service my scopes but I would appreciate the peace of mind, knowing that I don't have to buy another when I fall off a cliff (ok maybe that's a bit over board)

I'm specifically looking at 2 types:
    3-9x40
    4-12x40

I will be hunting in the bush with a 30 calibre. I am also purchasing 2 rifles, so I need to purchase 2 scopes.

The options are vast and I really don't know how to shortlist here. My experience is with Lynx.

I would like to hear from those who know and have experience on these matters.
    I also don't want to spend more than R10k per scope.

User

Default Re: Scopes that can be serviced locally

I bought a Vortex scope because they have a great no questions asked lifetime warranty and I sent mine back because it was a bit blury on full power. I received a new scope 2 weeks later.

Very happy with their service and product.

User

Leupold for the win.

Ive had only 1 scope ive sent in ever so far in close to 20 years. It was my Lynx 6-24. Last year while walking in field going down a slight hill.
    I kinda slipped and fell backwards. Scope took the hit and Sunshade was oval and the parallax adjustment ring took a blow.
    Gave it in and they replaced the parts. Total with shipping was about R400 from CPT.

You were talking bush hunting what is the 4-12 for? I know the .300WM but how far you planning to shoot in the bush or is the .300 turning into a plains rifle?

Nearly wet myself when I saw what the Dollars strength has done to scope prices. I don't envy you.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Nearly wet myself when I saw what the Dollars strength has done to scope prices. I don't envy you.
    Yeah! Leipold VX1 going for 2015 VX2 prices and VX2 going for VX3 2015 prices. Its crazy.Couple of years ago, I bought my first VXII for R3600.

User

Nikon has a service center in Midrand.

I have the Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42 and it works pretty well for me.
    That said, it went from R4500 last year to R5900 this year (Nikon and Canon upped their prices by 20% over Christmas).

User

I am a Lynx fan as they can adjust parralax for whatever range you want, eg. 100m for .22LR, 200m for .308Win etc.

Banned

Leupold has replaced 3 scopes for me free of charge with no questions asked. They even sent back one that had a defective focus so I could use it until the replacement came.

If every company had customer service like Leupold, this would be a better world.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Patocazador View Post
    Leupold has replaced 3 scopes for me free of charge with no questions asked. They even sent back one that had a defective focus so I could use it until the replacement came.

If every company had customer service like Leupold, this would be a better world.
    That's truly impressive.

From your replies I think I should rather have asked what scopes should I stay away from!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast