Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default No more IDPA at Premier

I saw today that IDPA has departed from Premier. Has this been coming for a while? Any background story on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: No more IDPA at Premier

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

ALL SADPA MEMBERS – PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.

IDPA has ceased to be a discipline at PREMIER shooting club due to un-reconcilable differences between the discipline and club rules.
    It was decided in the best interests of the sport and the club as a whole that we not continue.
    Please feel free to contact Andreas Duhring or Danie van Huyssteen should you require further information or assistance relocating to another club.

Sincerely

ANDREAS DUHRING

Hell that's bad news.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

ALL SADPA MEMBERS – PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.

IDPA has ceased to be a discipline at PREMIER shooting club due to un-reconcilable differences between the discipline and club rules.
    It was decided in the best interests of the sport and the club as a whole that we not continue.
    Please feel free to contact Andreas Duhring or Danie van Huyssteen should you require further information or assistance relocating to another club.

Sincerely

ANDREAS DUHRING
    I also received the email, thanks. So your response is taking the traditional route normally taken.

User

Wonder what the differences betwee the sport and club rules are? SADPA has pretty conservative rules already.

Was wondering the same. Was it a differing view on concealment?

User

Default No more IDPA at Premier

Quote Originally Posted by TheFogg View Post
    Was wondering the same. Was it a differing view on concealment?
    By the looks of things, its the matter at the core are concealed and looking for cover. A bit of a sweeping statement.

All the puns were intended.

User

I am sorry to hear this... The shoots held at Premier (including this year's league shoot and last year's Africa Champs) were very well run and challenging... Plus that club is not too far for those of us living in Gauteng.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I've heard some of the reasons. Granted, it was secondhand but what I heard was all BS. As far as I understand it, it wasn't the usual IPSC vs IDPA schlep, it was some of the other shooting disciplines' grumpy old men perfectly happy to throw others under the bus for some pseudo reason. You know, cause we just can't let the sun shine on anyone but ourselves as South Africans. Especially if that means compromises, however small in nature. Huge pity as Premier is an awesome facility and my favourite destination other than my own club.

I am working on something to post explaining as much as I ethically think I can. Will hopefully do tomorrow

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast