Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wild TV Africa

User

Default Re: Wild TV Africa

wild TV has been canned from the OVHD bouquet I see

User

Spoke to owner. He will be launching an online service.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    Spoke to owner. He will be launching an online service.
    Hi Guys...and now I am really piss#d off.
    I bought x 2 of these decoders (as advertised in various gun/hunting mags.) so that I could watch "Wild Africa' in my lounge and bedroom.

An 'online' service is of no bloo#y use to me whatsoever.

Sorry about the rudeness of this post but this is just about the last straw for me and is typical of the 'cons' being played out on consumers across the whole of South Africa.

PS. SA Post Office... What have you done with my parcel from USA which arrived here at JIMC on 28 September at 1842 (USPS tracked it to there) and now you seem to have 'lost it' ! ?
    Rant Over !
    Regards to all at GunSite.
    Keith.

So now we know the real reason for the loss of Wild TV Africa.
    It is not the fault of Wild TV Africa.
    In fact they are even more piss*d off than I am as they had spent months of hard work and millions of Rands in getting it set up; only to have the 'plug pulled' by etv.
    Please send an e-mail to Michael.pocock@etv.co.za complaining about this decision.
    Who knows, if enough of us complain etv just may have 'an epiphany' and bring it back.
    Regards to all at GunSite.
    Keith.

OVHD PRESS RELEASE.

OpenView HD has announced some changes to the offering available on the popular free digital satellite TV platform. The changes will see four channels - ASTV, Spirit Word, Wild TV Africa and Ekurhuleni TV – no longer being available on the platform. These channels will start to go off air at the end September through to mid-October.

Ziyanda Mngomezulu, the Platform’s Channel and Acquisitions Executive, says that the departing channels played a significant and integral role in getting the platform to where it is today, but that the company’s overall audience and business imperatives require constant reassessment of the channel offering. “The decision to terminate the 4 channels’ contracts came after careful consideration of their performance and the overall OpenView HD strategy going forward.” she says.

I wonder if this is part of Thlaudi's (sic) drive for 90% local content?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2