Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Ballistol "Clean and Preserve"

I cast and shoot lead. And I use only Balistol to clean the bore and lube the guns. Nothing else. It does wonders on old hard leather to make it soft again.

Banned

en Brand siekte op honde, or so Oupa believed. Did the old folk not use it for heart conditions and arthritis.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    I always read about Ballistol, I think its time I try it.
    Should have spoken up yesterday. Had a can in my bag.

I only use Balistol to clean my guns...I have found nothing that cleans a barrel better. Plus I just love that smell!
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

I have a PCP a Phoenix lever Action. And they actually suggest for every 5th filling of cylinder. To drop a drop of Ballistol on cylinder so it pushes it through internals.
    They are very specific not to use any other type of oil then Ballistol. As oils under pressure of a PCP is unsafe.

I recently bought think called Stickfrie. Made by Ballistol. Its a spray you use to avoid Mosquito and other insects bites. Works brilliant with miggies on range.
    Its freaking amazing stuff. And smells very nice. The dealer got it for me from Nicholas Yale.
    I have almost 10 bottles at home.

I have also tried the new Ballistol. Guncer. Which has Ceramic particles in. Can handle high heat. And they actually say on it it helps with reduced loads in handguns.
    I use this on the rails.

You can also use ballistol to polish your shoes and leather couch.

User

Cleaned my pistol with trisol, then again with ballistol.... the amount of dirt that came out with the ballistol one would swear the gun had not even been cleaned yet

User

I love this stuff, great for cleaning and lubrication

I really like how it forms a thin protective layer of lubricant that doesn’t gunk up firearms

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicyale View Post
    http://www.shootingwire.com/
    2 May 2016

Clean and Preserve

It's not a water displacement material – like WD40 which does dry to a varnish like consistency.

-- Rich Grassi
    This is very important to be aware of, I have always used Q20 and in more recent times WD40 when cleaning my firearms. As a final step I would run a patch of WD40 followed by a dry patch through the barrel as a preservative and then just wipe the outside of the metal work with the WD40 patch. over the weekend I was checking my SxS shotgun which has not been used for a few months. There was a gummy layer between the barrel and the action. If left longer this would have become varnish. I have never seen this in amy of my other firearms because they get used regularly.
    WD40 should never be used as preservative on any firearm that is going to be stored. The same may apply to Q20 which is a local copy or equivalent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    This is very important to be aware of, I have always used Q20 and in more recent times WD40 when cleaning my firearms. As a final step I would run a patch of WD40 followed by a dry patch through the barrel as a preservative and then just wipe the outside of the metal work with the WD40 patch. over the weekend I was checking my SxS shotgun which has not been used for a few months. There was a gummy layer between the barrel and the action. If left longer this would have become varnish. I have never seen this in amy of my other firearms because they get used regularly.
    WD40 should never be used as preservative on any firearm that is going to be stored. The same may apply to Q20 which is a local copy or equivalent.

I use ballistol to clean, light lube on pistol rails, then hopp gun grease as a rub down preservative on the exterior

my ak gets ballistol to clean and white lithium grease as lube, as does my 12 gauge

the grease isnt cheap but works the best out of anything i have used as a lubricant, stays in place and does well with high temps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2