Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Colt python. 357 and?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Mike at Potshot has one just like it lying/rotting in a wooden crate (missing rear sight) 6" IIRC

Im sure this could be had for a song

But lets be honest, no matter how good (KK20) it just cannot compare with a SW,C, or Ruger
    Agreed that's why I now EDC a Glock

User

Loved my 4" Python.That was back in the late 60's early 70's.That was when we all studied "No second place winner" by Bill Jordan.EDC'd it instead of my BHP as I had more faith in .357 than 9mm. This stopped when we met Uncle Jeff in '74 and bought my Mk 1V Series 70 for R165,00 from Groeneveld And Hick's in Pretoria. 45 ball was R9.00 for 50 but supplies were limited.The wheelgun I really miss is my Colt SAA in .45LC which I had to part with when the FCA screwed up my life and on top of the Colt I had to dispose of 30 odd collectors pieces only to find out too late that, due to the court case on old style licences , I could have kept them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    The wheelgun I really miss is my Colt SAA in .45LC which I had to part with when the FCA screwed up my life and on top of the Colt I had to dispose of 30 odd collectors pieces only to find out too late that, due to the court case on old style licences , I could have kept them.
    Hurt of the year? Eina!

Say what you like but there's nothing quite a pretty as a snake.20171128_162335.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ilester View Post
    Say what you like but there's nothing quite a pretty as a snake.20171128_162335.jpg
    That gun should be loading with nice shiny hollow points - as it is, the poor thing looks naked and afraid :P

User

Nobody can take guns pics like Ichiro Nagata and I clearly remember passing up Playboy mags to buy a copy of American Handgunner just to drool over his pics. I think he photographed a brace of 4 and 6" Pythons. Pure pron.

I like the Rugers myself. Rick in WD should have had a 6" GP100 for end of times in terms of reliability. I will be the first to admit that Smiths do have superior triggers, but the Rugers are built like tanks.

User

For what I know about different revolvers, "Built like a tank" tells more about a lower cost method of manufacturing, not about reliability or quality. There's a Ruger Speed Six, Colt Python and three Smiths in my safe and I shoot them all, my all time favourite being the Model 19 Combat Magnum.

Any of these will do the job they are designed to do, it's all about personal preferences.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    I like the Rugers myself. Rick in WD should have had a 6" GP100 for end of times in terms of reliability. I will be the first to admit that Smiths do have superior triggers, but the Rugers are built like tanks.
    They are more beefy because they use a different manufacturing method. I do believe it is cast frames versus S&W that forges their frames. So Ruger's need to be so beefy because they are cast frames otherwise they go bye bye. While the forged frames can be lighter and thinner and still be just as strong. Not that I'm saying Rugers are not reliable I'm just saying don't attribute weight of frame to durability when it comes to revolvers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4