Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have not imported knives yet but have imported electronics through myus.com and found their service excellent.

They provide you with an USA address and then resend to you via your preferred channel.

They won't break the law for you so no gun related items at all. I did not see knives on their restricted items list but verify for yourself here https://www.myus.com/benefits/shippi.../restrictions/

I get them to courier via Fedex which is more expensive than the postal system but I get my stuff delivered to my door within a week and do not have to worry whether/when I will get it.

User

Default Re: What is the latest on importing knives from USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    I have not imported knives yet but have imported electronics through myus.com and found their service excellent.

They provide you with an USA address and then resend to you via your preferred channel.

They won't break the law for you so no gun related items at all. I did not see knives on their restricted items list but verify for yourself here https://www.myus.com/benefits/shippi.../restrictions/

I get them to courier via Fedex which is more expensive than the postal system but I get my stuff delivered to my door within a week and do not have to worry whether/when I will get it.

Fedex the way to go...had them deliver a knife on Christmas day up the West Coast after they wrongly ended up with parcel at Jhb depot and not Cape Town as per instruction.

i have imported knives from myus.com and have had no issues. I used both fedex and DHL and prefer DHL but each to their own i guess..

Hey guys, thinking of bringing in a knife or two from the US. Is Knifecenter still a good option and are taxes still at 20%?

User

What is the advantage of using myUS to ship products bought form say Amazon, versus letting Amazon ship directly to you? Does it work out cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    What is the advantage of using myUS to ship products bought form say Amazon, versus letting Amazon ship directly to you? Does it work out cheaper?
    I know that there are only certain items that can be shipped directly to SA, even on Amazon, I think the purpose on myUS is to get items that cannot directly be shipped here. I might be mistaken though.

User

MyUS, like most freight forwarders, gives you a US address any US retailer can ship to. Aramex Global Shopper is another example.

MyUS also offers parcel consolidation services, where items from multiple retailers are bundled into a single box before being couriered to you, saving you on shipping. Aramex does not offer this, couriering each parcel onwards as-is.

Just don't try use them for firearm parts - MyUS runs a fairly tight ship, ensuring that things are properly declared, and they will not risk violating ITAR or other import/export laws. For example, they do handle items containing lithium ion batteries, packaging and marking them as legally required, but then they will only let you ship wtih FedEx, as DHL and others use passenger flights to move their parcels, which don't allow lithium ion batteries in their cargo.

If in doubt, contact them and ask.

User

I tried to bring in a small knife recently from the USA. Approached MidwayUSA and KnifeCentre. Unfortunately got a similar response from both of them. See below...

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we areunable to ship to your location. Due to the variety of regulations controllingshipments outside the U.S., we are unable to process international ordersand we cannot ship to any freight forwarding addresses

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    MyUS, like most freight forwarders, gives you a US address any US retailer can ship to. Aramex Global Shopper is another example.

MyUS also offers parcel consolidation services, where items from multiple retailers are bundled into a single box before being couriered to you, saving you on shipping. Aramex does not offer this, couriering each parcel onwards as-is.

Just don't try use them for firearm parts - MyUS runs a fairly tight ship, ensuring that things are properly declared, and they will not risk violating ITAR or other import/export laws. For example, they do handle items containing lithium ion batteries, packaging and marking them as legally required, but then they will only let you ship wtih FedEx, as DHL and others use passenger flights to move their parcels, which don't allow lithium ion batteries in their cargo.

If in doubt, contact them and ask.
    Thanks, do they exclude ALL firearms parts i.e magazines and even slings?

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    Due to the variety of regulations controllingshipments outside the U.S., we are unable to process international ordersand we cannot ship to any freight forwarding addresses
    Sounds like they don't want to deal with legal issues. However, unless they block your non-US credit card, they cannot possibly know the addresses of all freight-forwarders, so you might still be able to get it, albeit with a bit more effort and with full VAT and duties applied.

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Thanks, do they exclude ALL firearms parts i.e magazines and even slings?
    Yes. They don't want to risk violating ITAR, and they also don't want to hire an ITAR compliance expert just to determine whether items are covered by ITAR or not, so they simply won't do anything firearm-related. The same policy extends to most couriers, who also prohibit firearm-related items in their shipments.

Ultimately, the safest way for us to order firearms-related gear from the US is via Brownells. If they don't normally stock it, they may be able to do a custom order for you. Failing that, you'll have to contact an independent firearm export company. http://weexportguns.com/ was willing to acquire and ship a ~$90 trigger kit a few years back, but they did have a $50 service fee on top of the part itself and shipping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast