Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CZ model 452 or new model cz455

The new cz455 LUX model with the new interchangeable barrell options is available or is the previous model 452 LUX a better gun to buy,all things being equal including the the price

Which one to but and why?
    Thoughts please?

OR should I pass on both and buy the Sako Quad Rimfire??

Default Re: CZ model 452 or new model cz455

Not a single reply despite 90 views

Maybe I should clarify as I have the option to purchase one or the other model.

The major differences between the 452 and 455 models are the following:

New model 455 has the interchangeable barrels held by two screws only and furthermore seperate barrels can be purchased for in 22LR ,17HMR and 22WMR.

Previous model 452 has a threaded barrell and is a reliable accurate gun with a great history.

My question now is, is there anyone who has owned both or currently owns both and can compare accuracy and build quality thereof.

Thanks
    Ricochet

My friend bought last year a BRNO 22. A new one. But they and CZ now separately manufacture. Well His gives him out of 10 shots maybe 2 that goes off. They opened it in shop. The bolt inside by the firing pin is rusted like crazy. This is a brand new rifle.
    The one guy in shop says it has to go back to importer to correct. Apparently they change the bolt. Dont know.

He keeps telling me he should have bought the CZ455.

Im not sure. But I bought a CZ 527 22H in November. And it has a set trigger. You push trigger forward to make it go alot lighter. Maybe the 455 comes like that also.

Between the new BRNO and CZ defanately buy CZ. Between an older BRNO/CZ and a new one. I always personally will buy new. Just feels nicer. And to have thread put on barrel is not a train smash either.

I think the Sako will be alot more pricey.

User

Are their stock designs the same?

Unless you plan on shooting it with open sights, I would ditch the Lux model for something with a straighter comb.

An adjustable set trigger is also a dealmaker. My rimfire CZ comes with a horrible unadjustable trigger that I had to give to Chad at Arms to remedy.

Banned

The 452 is apparently superior - I own one and would agree it feels refined! I feel the novelty of interchangeable barrels is ruled out in RSA - by the time you import a barrel for another caliber and license it you will probably wish you just bought a second rifle. Read this forum to your hearts content: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=18

Banned

I improved my trigger on my CZ452 lux immensley for very little money with a YODAVE trigger kit: http://www.yodaveproducts.com/

Much cheaper than a gunsmith job or Timney trigger unit.

User

Cant go wrong with a BRNO mod2/CZ 452 or a 455 IMO. I believe the 455 comes with a set trigger but I have yet to play with one so cannot confirm. My BRNO mod 2 is +-25 years old and has not given a single issue that I can remember. It depends on your intended purpose. I wouldn't say that the BRNO/CZ 452 are serious precision rifles (though mine does a ragged hole at 50m sometimes) but they are minute of bunny at 75-100m. Keep in mind that the multiple calibre barrels will take up a licence slot per barrel (if that makes a difference to you).

Banned

I think the general consensus is that the build quality of the CZ 452 is superior to the 455. All things being equal - I would choose the 452. The CZ 455 looks very similar but with a shorter barrel. The CZ452 lux, ultra lux and match are considered some of the most accurate rimfires out of the box.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=344852
    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-729705.html
    https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=501806

Thanks,everyone for all the really great input.I really appreciate your insights.
    Ther may still be someone out there that owns both and I would like to hear your oppinion too.

I am not phased about the extra barrells but the mere fact that the entire gun's barrell and actions design has changes makes me nervous due to the fact that very soon only the CZ455 will be available and the 452 will be no more.
    To me accuracy is king and that is all that matters to me in a rimfire as I do precision shooting on very small live animals and I can not forgive myself for buying an inaccurate 22long rifle.

Does anyone know who has 22 Sako Quad's in stock right now,I don't want to know who can order them for me,I already know who orders them into this country?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    To me accuracy is king and that is all that matters to me in a rimfire as I do precision shooting on very small live animals and I can not forgive myself for buying an inaccurate 22long rifle.

Why not just get an Anschutz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast