Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SIG

User

Default Re: SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    And that's fine. Knowing you don't know everything is half the problem sorted already. But next time I hear a guy behind a sales counter claim a Glock is unsafe and firearm X, which usually has no local support, is better because it has some weird and wonderful "safety" the shop may require bouncers to physically remove me from the premises. Along with several similar scenarios.
    This and what uBesitRi said

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    WTF! What gunshop does not know that or when in doubt is not able to find that out?
    Probably a dealer/sales staff that don't have Sig is stock and/or to lazy to try find out/order and are doing s.w.a.t (sell what's available today).
    I've been in a store like that, told the sales person what I thought of their establishment and went and bought else where.

User

I have had run-ins with a lot of salesmen (and woman) who struts around the shop like they know everything and I should accept their word as the be all and end all.

I once told a saleswoman at a prominent shop that I am considering buying a Glock 26/42 (there was no 43 at that time) for my wife, but that I'll have to get her some training first as she has never fired a 9mm. The saleswoman then promptly told me to rather buy a snubby as änyone can shoot them" and "it is difficult for a woman to rack a slide". Needless to say I did not follow her advice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    That said, I go to a veterinarian to get good advice on the health of my pets, I go to a doctor to get the best advice on my own health and in my job, I consult only with people who are experts in their field. Somehow this doesn't translate into the firearms world.
    Totally different scenarios. In the case of the veterinarian and dentist the person in question needs to go do a degree where they are evaluated and are only issued said degree of they meet certain criteria. Further there are boards that ensure that the relevant professional is qualified and meets certain standards.

A gun shop on the other hand is just another business. The prospective gun shop owner registers his business and applies for his competency to trade and is done. His employees likewise suffer even less scrutiny when awarded the job. Only his passion would encourage him to find out more about his product. This is really the same for all retailers, they are retailers not experts in the profession, don't expect this and you will not be disappointed. It is a bit like expecting the guy in the pet store to have the expertise of your veterinarian.

In fairness if you expect the guy working at the gunshop to have your dentists expertise then you should expect him to be paid like a dentist and don't complain at the cost of ammo and guns.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Totally different scenarios. In the case of the veterinarian and dentist the person in question needs to go do a degree where they are evaluated and are only issued said degree of they meet certain criteria. Further there are boards that ensure that the relevant professional is qualified and meets certain standards.

A gun shop on the other hand is just another business. The prospective gun shop owner registers his business and applies for his competency to trade and is done. His employees likewise suffer even less scrutiny when awarded the job. Only his passion would encourage him to find out more about his product. This is really the same for all retailers, they are retailers not experts in the profession, don't expect this and you will not be disappointed. It is a bit like expecting the guy in the pet store to have the expertise of your veterinarian.

In fairness if you expect the guy working at the gunshop to have your dentists expertise then you should expect him to be paid like a dentist and don't complain at the cost of ammo and guns.

That last paragraph is the bit so many guys miss

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post

I get your point, but the analogy is wrong.

Rather compare gunshops to computer dealers. From their background and day-to-day experiences they should know what they are selling and what you need.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    I get your point, but the analogy is wrong.

Rather compare gunshops to computer dealers. From their background and day-to-day experiences they should know what they are selling and what you need.
    Jees mate sorry you got that one wrong.
    As an professional electronic engineer myself I find the guys in computer shops to be really bad at knowing what they are talking about.

User

Default SIG

Doesn't that validate his point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2