Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default Difference between IDPA and IPSC?

High guys.

Hopefully I am posting this at the right place. As I am totally new to this topic, I've done a little bit of research but whould like to know wat the difference is between IDPA and IPSC? Apart from rules and regulations (I think), what is the main difference? I am really interested in the sport and would like to start participating. Hopefully, if there is enough interest in future time, I would not mind starting a club in our area.

Your knowledge will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Difference between IDPA and IPSC?

Hectic topic.........!
    IPSC is sport orientated and IDPA is more "real" life orientated. All that I am going to say, dont like to be torn anothet one.

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

User

User

Burts, this is one huge minefield you just entered. I'm predicting this thread to head in the wrong direction shortly.

My suggestion to you would be to watch videos on YouTube on both. Or better still, attend matches in your area of both disciplines as a spectator. Make your decision based on that.

Personally I'm a SADPA shooter. If I'd joined IPSC first, I'd be shooting that. Unfortunately, time does not permit me to do both like some other guys do. My personal belief is that you need to know what you want to gain from it. Both have pros and cons. Beware the extreme views that are likely to follow in this thread. Extreme views are seldom on the good side of truth in just about any field of human endeavour.
    Last edited by Tetelestai; 12-05-2016 at 21:37.

User

User

Let's keep this tidy gentleman

User

Realistically there is no difference.

Both are shooting sports which use handguns and have rules separating classes and equipment and use rules which cover the order in which targets will be shot.

Go watch a couple of matches, see which appeals to you. Don't fall for IPSC is worse/better than IDPA.

Which is better, F1 or WRC? Which is better Butterfly or Backstroke races? Which is better 400m or hurdles? Shotput or javelin?

The only practical difference is IPSC allows one to use optics. IDPA has not progressed that far yet.

Both have classes which can use minimal gear so initial outlay for beginners isn't too onerous in either sport.

User

reason why we shoot IDPA: lower round count make it more affordable.

User

Where I to advice you , I would suggest finding your nearest IPSC club and join them.

Subjectively I find it more enjoyable and the less complicated rule set makes it easier to concentrate on shooting when you start

User

Some points I can think of: IDPA limits the mods on the gun, in IPSC you can choose a class, allowing for highly modified equipment.

IDPA you have to join SADPA to take part in shoots.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast