Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Storage permit or dealer?

haha, been there, know how it goes, too many small things with other dependencies....when they align up you just have to get them done.

He might get more done by going with the forms to see his DFO, shows the urgency.

User

Storage permit. Your brother, the dfo and you just fill in the form and sign it.

That is if his dfo is helpful of course.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    haha, been there, know how it goes, too many small things with other dependencies....when they align up you just have to get them done.

He might get more done by going with the forms to see his DFO, shows the urgency.
    He's on his way to his DFO now to collect forms, DFO says he'll be happy to assist us (what a great guy)!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    He's on his way to his DFO now to collect forms, DFO says he'll be happy to assist us (what a great guy)!
    Awesome!!!

I'm tired of hearing all the kak DFO stories, from them refusing to accept S21s to some of them not signing off storage permits!

Good Luck!!

User

Great stuff.
    If you had my DFO, you can just forget it.

User

Agreed, does give one that warm fuzzy feeling.

User

Sorry Black-ops, not meant to hi-jack, but while on storage permits.
    In a general scenario. Can only the person applying for the licence apply for the storage permit? Or can another person get a storage permit to store a firearm on behalf of someone else?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    Sorry Black-ops, not meant to hi-jack, but while on storage permits.
    In a general scenario. Can only the person applying for the licence apply for the storage permit? Or can another person get a storage permit to store a firearm on behalf of someone else?
    I have no idea will be wondering out of my lane if I try and answer.

I will speak to the DFO tomorrow and give feedback, but as always take info from the DFO's with a pinch of salt.

User

I will have the same problem, I am starting the process to get my fathers firearms on my name, but he has two nice safes and I believe it would be safer to store them at his house after I get them licensed on my name after who knows how long. I stay in a small place and the safe won't really be out of view. But I CAN if it would be better take his gun safe and install it at the place I rent if it would be better/easier.

Hi guys. I need some advice and this thread seemed to come closest to dealing with the issue I'm facing.

In short, I need to understand the legally available methods of storing one's firearms other than at a gunshop, if you are planning to be outside the country for a long period of time. Can someone explain to me what a storage permit is, and what it allows the "storer" to do.

Can you designate someone to store your firearms for you for a multi-year period, if he has the required safe and the required competency certificates?

Thanks in advance. This is quite urgent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast