Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Storage permit or dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by wernswa View Post
    The CFR or your DFO does not issue you a permit per se. You write a letter giving permission to someone to store your firearm which your DFO endorses.
    That was under the Arms and Ammo Amendment Act of 1969. The FCA has removed the letter of permission entirely. SAPS/DFO issues a Storage Permit as everyone else has explained.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    That was under the Arms and Ammo Amendment Act of 1969. The FCA has removed the letter of permission entirely. SAPS/DFO issues a Storage Permit as everyone else has explained.
    Firearm Control Regulations 86(4)(a)(i) says that the "storer" need written permission from the licence holder to store a firearm. So yes, a letter needs to be written

Firearm Control Regulations 86(4)(a)(i) says that the "storer" need written permission from the licence holder to store a firearm. So yes, a letter needs to be written
    That would be the 'written' Storage Permit, referred to above.
    Unknown Barbarian

Sorry guys, I might have jumped the gun, but fortunately I was still pointing in a safe direction.

SAPS form E539 is your permission given to somebody to store your firearm. It seems that it would be the written permission you need to give somebody to store your firearm. It is however, not a permit as you can fill in your own dates etc. It basically replaces your own worded letter from the old act.

It basically replaces your own worded letter from the old act.
    Ja, except it is ONLY for storage, not transportation, not use, not even cleaning...
    Unknown Barbarian

So I have the signed storage permit form from the DFO. I forgot to ask him, can the storer also store the ammo for those guns? Even if he for example owns only a 30-06 while the rifle he will be storing for me is a 308?

And does his 9mm ammo limit now go up by 200 rounds, so that he can store my 200 rounds of ammo along with the pistol?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4