Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: EDC torch under R1200

I like my Crelant flashlights. The Detective can be had for just over your budget and that includes a charger and 2600ma batterie.

User

What are your honest and informed opinions on Klarus torches?

Disclaimer: I own an XT2C with which I'm very happy. But I also haven't owned many tactical torches, apart from an Streamlight TL2 which is a bit antiquated by now.

They should come in near this price, if maybe a little bit more for mine.

User

I carry the LED Lensor F1. It is a brilliant little torch, light and easy to carry and has lots of light. I use mine 90% of the time on it's dimmed mode, primary mode is overkill for most of the situations.

The downside is that it is not rechargeable, but at R699 (from gadget shop) and R50 per battery, you can buy lots of batteries for the balance between the F1 and it's rechargeable cousins.

Run time per battery (in my terms):
    1x weekend on the farm (general use at night), including 3 braai's at night, 1 x game counting trip (+-30mins).
    The battery is still not dead, but I did retire it to the bakkie door as a backup.

User

I bought a Fenix PD35 a couple of weeks ago for R889 excluding the battery. Very happy so far. The beam is also more floody that my other Fenix torches.

User

I would personally consider one of the Olight (S1 or S2) for EDC, small and more than enough power @ R899
    Also has rechargeable batteries and charger available with magnetic back to use as working light.

http://www.olightsa.co.za/index.php/...k-88-90-detail
    http://www.olightsa.co.za/index.php/...6-87-91-detail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2