Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    User

Default Re: Parliamentary Portfolio on Police

Quote Originally Posted by Fishaman View Post
    I have this image in my head of a Adele faced Hyaena laughing over the dead bodies of Policemen and women. Sickening.
    Perhaps we should get a graphics designers to make us this very image, let it roll on social media. Just add the police management in the pic as well since they seem ready to accept sending the frontline SAPS members to die like flies.

User

Coming soon to a neighbourhood near you, police accompanied by Armed Response officers to protect them.

User

What is very worrying about this other than the SAPS will not have the equipment/firepower to fight the criminals armed with unlicensed AKs and unlicensed stolen R5s etc is that in general it would be easier for the average SAPS member to be fairly combat accurate with a rifle and I doubt very much that the same can be said about the average SAPS member's handgun proficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    What is very worrying about this other than the SAPS will not have the equipment/firepower to fight the criminals armed with unlicensed AKs and unlicensed stolen R5s etc is that in general it would be easier for the average SAPS member to be fairly combat accurate with a rifle and I doubt very much that the same can be said about the average SAPS member's handgun proficiency.
    The immediate impact is that the cops simply won't go into the fight. They will, understandably, sit it out, leaving the citizen to face the gang.

Cue increase in violent crime as cops stand back

User

Is it specifically the R5 or all "Assault Rifles"? If not I can see a mad scramble at the armouries for whats left of the R1 stockpiles!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    The immediate impact is that the cops simply won't go into the fight. They will, understandably, sit it out, leaving the citizen to face the gang. Cue increase in violent crime as cops stand back
    Cue increase in neighbourhood vigilantes and ad hoc roadblocks as citizens do something, anything, to defend against criminal gangs.

User

So they seriously want to take assault rifles away from the cops? In South Africa of all places, where the crims often have better weaponry than the boys in blue anyway? Who is drafting this excremental legislation?

User

A bit of a chuckle...
    We had some DA representatives in the shop today and someone mentioned to them that they should get rid of G#SA, and the response was "we are trying".

Sadly they haven't got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    A bit of a chuckle...
    We had some DA representatives in the shop today and someone mentioned to them that they should get rid of G#SA, and the response was "we are trying".

Sadly they haven't got it right.
    Tell them to make sure they humiliate them at the next PC with real facts and figures

User

I think this video is a nice response to our situation, gun owners support the boys in blue.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10