Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Shot timers - which & where?

Uhm. Holster your gun before looking at the timer in any event.

Moot point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by momo_ View Post
    For those who mostly practice at the range alone, would something like a pocket pro / pact not be easier as it has a larger display and you can easily reference it on your belt without having to pickup the device like a ced timer?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Oh Yes. For this reason (and the fact that I need glasses to read) I chose a Pact Club Timer. Clearest display of the lot with the PP2 coming in a close second.

User

A number of the reviews I read before buying my PPII indicated that the numbers on the CED were "too small to be read easily".... use it, don't use it!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    A number of the reviews I read before buying my PPII indicated that the numbers on the CED were "too small to be read easily".... use it, don't use it!
    They are way too small. The buttons are kak. And this from the same company that made the CED6000 which was/is the greatest timer ever made. I bought mine second-hand in '94 or so and still use it. In fact I have a dry fire session with it coming up in 15 minutes or so ......

User

Default Shot timers - which & where?

Tbh, I dont find the buttons and the screen a problem at all. I dont wear glasses to see so that may be an issue but the text is only smaller when you go into detail settings. Then the unit is at normal reading distance anyway.

The integrated belt clip clamps tightly to your pants pocket and you can easily see your time with a quick glance down.

If you need the advanced wireless features that the upgrade for the CED7000 allows, then rather get that but its overkill for most of us.

I like the bigger size of the PP2 over the CED since I can grip it better with my whole hand.

Both are more or less the same price but the PP2 already has a belt clip for easy use.

The pocket pro is made by Competition Electronics while the CED is from Competitive Edge Dynamics. Not the same company at the moment.

Best would be to find one of each at your club and play with them a bit to help make the decision clearer. Both are much easier to run than those yellow timers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Necro time!

I was late grabbing the CED7000 that was available in the classifieds recently, so that got me thinking, What is the best value for money shot timer available now?

The CED7000 and Pocket Pro seems to go for around R2500 (give or take R200), while something like the Shotduino goes for R1500.

I need a shot timer to benchmark my performance to be able to measure improvement. Does the CED7000/Pocket Pro offer R1000 more value compared to the Shotduino, or will the latter be "good enough"?

Keep in mind, this is for training purposes only and not competition.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

User

I like the Pocket Pro type design because the screens is placed on top of the unit with big digits so one can clip it onto a belt or pocket and view results without having to take of or to bring it into view to read every time after a string or an exercise. Works better for training than side view screens imo and especially so on solo training outings.

User

Only thing that I hate on the CED timer is the fact that on PAR time mode you have to "Review" and "Clear" it everytime after the end beep.

So when doing dry fire drills you can't just press the start button each time, you have to go Review and Clear and then start.
    Or maybe I just didn't set mine up right....

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    Only thing that I hate on the CED timer is the fact that on PAR time mode you have to "Review" and "Clear" it everytime after the end beep.

So when doing dry fire drills you can't just press the start button each time, you have to go Review and Clear and then start.
    Or maybe I just didn't set mine up right....
    I use the multi par function on the Ced7000, then you can play around in any sequence. Like a draw time, transition between targets, a mag change etc.

User

The CED is a bit soft'ish. Not as loud as the speedtimer 3000. But seeing the various threads, it looks like personal choice

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6