Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    User

Default Re: Decent Hunting Boots

+1 for Jim Green

I have 2 pairs, one for meetings and one for hunting. My hunting pair is the African Ranger. Tough as nails and comfortable walking. Excellent with the waxie sole. Works well in the Karoo and bushveld.

Only gripe I have is once the boot is walked in the cushioning is fairly limited.

Insole inserts will work if you need arch support.

But for durability, they are king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Salomon have specials onliine for hiking boots at the moment.
    Can definitely recommend them. Ive worn mine through quite a bit of different terrain and conditions. Its held up and performed flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I wear out one pair of hunting boots a year on average. I currently alternate between a pair of Jim Greenes and a pair of Hi-Tec's. In the past I have used Solomon, Lowa, Wildebeest and Merrel boots. I still have a pair of Lowa's on stand by.

The most comfortable boots I've ever hunted with was Solomons, they are also very light and very expensive. They disintegrated after 3 months.

The Wildebeest boots I tried had the soft, flat sole it was excellent for stalking but the soles lasted less than 3 months. They are probably excellent boots for sandy terrain. We have too many rocks.

I've had mixed results with Hi-Tecs. Merrels have always been good. Lowa is very good but mine are not very comfortable, after a day of walking my feet hurt.

I am really impressed with the Jim Green boots and that will probably be my go-to brand in the future. Make sure that you pick the right type of soles for the terrain you hunt in.

It is a really good idea to have two pairs and alternate on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I wear out one pair of hunting boots a year on average. I currently alternate between a pair of Jim Greenes and a pair of Hi-Tec's. In the past I have used Solomon, Lowa, Wildebeest and Merrel boots. I still have a pair of Lowa's on stand by.

The most comfortable boots I've ever hunted with was Solomons, they are also very light and very expensive. They disintegrated after 3 months.

The Wildebeest boots I tried had the soft, flat sole it was excellent for stalking but the soles lasted less than 3 months. They are probably excellent boots for sandy terrain. We have too many rocks.

I've had mixed results with Hi-Tecs. Merrels have always been good. Lowa is very good but mine is not very comfortable, after a day of walking my feet hurt.

I am really impressed with the Jim Green boots and that will probably be my go-to brand in the future. Make sure that you pick the right type of soles for the terrain you hunt in.

It is a really good idea to have two pairs and alternate on a daily basis.
    Which Solomon boot did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Which Solomon boot did you have?

It was 5 or 6 years ago and I can't remember but it was a hiking boot. As I said, they were extremely comfortable, even on rocks but at that price I figured I couldn't afford four pairs a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    It was 5 or 6 years ago and I can't remember but it was a hiking boot. As I said, they were extremely comfortable, even on rocks but at that price I figured I couldn't afford four pairs a year.
    . The different ranges have different strengths.

But the best part about Solomon is, if it doesn't perform properly, the warranty is valid for 2 years, and they ate very easy to deal with. And with every subsequent warranty replacement, the new shoe carries a new 2 year warranty.

But the best part about Solomon is, if it doesn't perform properly, the warranty is valid for 2 years, and they ate very easy to deal with. And with every subsequent warranty replacement, the new shoe carries a new 2 year warranty.

Sonif you have a case where it starts disintegrating, the warranty will cover it, and you can get a new shoe without the cost of buying a new one...

User

That's impressive. Will definitely consider a pair for softer duty than either of my pairs of Jim Greens. They aren't super cushiony but look destined to last as long as me. The Salomons sound like the ticket for local pigeon shooting duty.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15