Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Default Re: Have you lost a knife

A knife only accrues sentiment if you have a shared history- which won't happen if it does not get carried.
    I lost my first SAK- a boyhood gift from my folks upon their return from Switzerland.
    "Survival" and fixed blade knives aplenty since then.
    I lost a Spyderco Pro-Grip with the plastic clip when I mistakenly left it in a Chilean hotel in 2003. That one hurt as we had traveled far together.
    I lost the replacement to that pro-grip: a Pro Venator to a sticky handed little bugger on a bus in Sri Lanka in 2010. That hurt more as much sentiment was attached.
    I still EDC a PM 1 or a Pacific Salt H1 (that replaced the Pro-venator in 2010), or a ZT 0566 daily.
    I hope I have become more responsible with age, but if another one gets lost- that makes space for the next.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I am guessing that many guys who live in the city don't know the troubles of the other side of the coin, finding the lost knife.

In the city you accept it as lost, on the farm you accept it as recoverable. So if you walked 10km the day in the veld you have to backtrack that step by step to see where you lost it. Or if you worked fences you have to stop everywhere you previously stopped, and see where if fell.

It's in that whole operation where finances are debated within, where you ask yourself how much money must a knife be worth for you to spend the whole day looking for it. As a young man, you look for it, until you find it, when you get older....not so much.
    This is true..dropped my Buck 'Ron Hood Punk' knife other day 0n 10km trial run.
    Found it thankfully circa 5km back when i back tracked the route slowly!
    Not so lucky with my Large Kabar TDI.

User

famous honey badger gen 1 clip finally let me down

fell out somwhere somehow

think ill get the new one but in LARGE

User

Lost my Gerber Downrange Propel :(.. the other day.

Think I might have put it down in the shop for a bit and it mysteriously vanished - Wie weet, dink ek raak oud!

Either it lost of it was liberated,

CRKT M21-14SFG it was in my Flightbag which I left in the office for a few day, and for some reason I wamted to EDC it, only then found it was missing, tossed my flat, all the aircraft, every nook & cranny,

It gone.... For some reason everybody always loved to fiddle with and next thing they cannot get it closed again and stare at you sheepishly.

Im browsing the web and Amazon for something to replace it with.

Always sad when you notice your things have vacated you possession

User

Both my Leatherman Charge and Super-tool was repossessed without compensation.
    Not cool

User

Had my Byrd Meadowlark 2 with G10 scales lifted by a construction guy at my house. He left the Olight S1R behind that was next to it.

Really gutted, used it every day, had just been freshly sharpened a few days beforehand. My other knives just aren't as easy or enjoyable to use. Have asked Father Christmas to replace it...........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12 View Post
    Had my Byrd Meadowlark 2 with G10 scales lifted by a construction guy at my house. He left the Olight S1R behind that was next to it.Really gutted, used it every day, had just been freshly sharpened a few days beforehand. My other knives just aren't as easy or enjoyable to use. Have asked Father Christmas to replace it...........
    Hopefully the bastard will cut himself with the freshly sharpened blade.

User

Default Have you lost a knife

Realised a few days ago that my Spydi Salt was missing. Gave a double bed away a week ago, the oke must have helped himself to another freebie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Lost a victorinox Swiss tool that I had for 8 years almost had a heart attack when I priced a replacement but in my mind it's the best out there

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast