Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Have you lost a knife

Full sized Spyderco Native, Benchmade and a few Leatherman.

Stay Bladed.

30 odd years ago I had saved up for a English knife not one of the cheap made in China ones and was quite chuffed with it as I was going to spend the weekend on a friends farm . The first day playing in the irrigation canal I lost it still miss it even though I cannot even remember what it looked like.
    Also lost a flick knife a Hubertus on the beach at St Lucia that I brought at sharp edge in 1984 really loved that blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by chubbles View Post
    30 odd years ago I had saved up for a English knife not one of the cheap made in China ones and was quite chuffed with it as I was going to spend the weekend on a friends farm . The first day playing in the irrigation canal I lost it still miss it even though I cannot even remember what it looked like.
    Also lost a flick knife a Hubertus on the beach at St Lucia that I brought at sharp edge in 1984 really loved that blade

Hey ballie, you still around on this site?

Stay Bladed.

User

I lost my Spyderco Delica some 6 months back... and I got it at an old price and its an awesome little blade... replacement price made my eyes tear up...

But as we are currently packing for moving, lo and behold! I found my knife today!

I lost a Strider SMF hunting near Greytown, A spyderco military while camping in limpopo, and a spyderco police hiking table mountain.

My old faithful Benchmade AFCK fell out in a cinema in sandton. Called the manager and he found it and kept it for me. Still going strong for 20 years.

It’s been three months now since losing my beloved Spyderco Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189.

I still open drawers with the hope of seeing it just lying there
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Damn, I lost my Spyderco Endura yesterday. I noticed as I was driving home that it was no longer clipped into my pocket. Searched my workplace, no luck. I bought it 12 years ago for about R600 new while in the UK. I don't have R2000+ to replace it. Bummed as hell.

User

I too lost my Endura 4 bought it for 800 bucks can't replace it today at the same price?!

User

Lost 2 fixed blade puma knives a kershaw fixed blade and a custom skinning knife when my workshop was burgled. Took them to work to sharpen and clean. Also lost my leatherman when i was climbing a koppie to recover my impala that i shot.

I do not usually carry my favourite knives because even with the best care they still seem to get lost. I have lost a 1st. generation Endura ( crap plastic clip ) and a 2nd. gen. Endura with the metal clip as well as a Delica so now my remaining Spydercos are wardrobe decorations most of the time. Earlier this year I lost a cheapish Muela which lead me to slow down my cutlery purchases until something irresistible shows up.

A worrying trend that I have seen are the number of copies of branded knives that some people are buying from less reputable/ignorant suppliers at 'bargain' prices. Some of these fakes are difficult to spot and careful inspection is needed to avoid being ripped off.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast