Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scope for .22lr

User

Default Re: Scope for .22lr

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    Visserman just be careful when you buy a scope that is meant for a centerfire rifle. Rimfire scopes usually have finer parallax adjustments than the centerfire scopes. If you are planning on doing target shooting with it, have a look at a scope with a minimum parallax setting of say 10 meters. I have a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9x40 on my .22LR. To be honest it is a really good scope (and cheap) but I really would have liked a little more magnification. One of my friends bought himself a Lynx for about R8K, specifically for target shooting and to be honest... I am jealous! It has a real thin crosshair with a small dot in the middle for perfect aiming. Centerfire scopes' crosshairs tend to be a little thicker as well. Sadly I cant remember the specs right now but will ask him and post it here.
    What model Lynx would this be?

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

User

Remember that the Lynx scopes are optically great, reasonably priced, locally supported and their workshop can adjust paralax to your spec ie. 50m for .22LR etc. according to your needs. I have them on .177 air rifle, .22 Brno, .223 SAKO and .308 Rem and am very happy with them.

User

I've owned one Crossfire II and mounted many of them at work. They seriously underwhelm me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdbeagle View Post
    I've owned one Crossfire II and mounted many of them at work. They seriously underwhelm me.
    Are they crap? Compared to a lynx or redfield at the same price or a nikon prostaff?

User

I have a crossfire II on my marlin 336 lever gun. It seems to be a good quality budget scope. As for Lynx, i have a 15 year old Twilight Series 3.5-10x50 thats been on everything from my .243 up to 300win mag and finally on my CZ 452 .22lr with faultless service since new. Just put a brand new LX2 on my .22lr and a new LX3 competition on my 243. Cant find fualt with Lynx, my 2c is that they are often overlooked and that they are indeed value for money with the LX3 being on par with European scopes twice its price. As for vortex, those that have them seem to love them.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_asassin View Post
    Are they crap? Compared to a lynx or redfield at the same price or a nikon prostaff?
    To me they are inferior to a Prostaff or Redfield. I have no experience with Lynx. I've sold and looked through a shitload of Crossfires, Redfields and Prostaffs. And mounted them. To my eyes the Crossfire II has an incredibly narrow eyebox, in addition to having inferior glass. YMMV.

Greetings Gents.
    I resurrecting an old thread here. My current scope is a cheapy Bushnell with no magnification.
    I want a BCD scope for my 22. the kids are starting to shoot and hunt birds at close range, but I like shooting 200 - 300 meters. Hows the HAWKE - RIMFIRE .22 WMR RETICLE?

Or any other suggestions.

thanks

I took my little Brno out this weekend. I have the Hawke 22HV model on it. I was hitting steel at 200m which was fun. Reticle only goes to 200 however.

The illumination is rubbish, but i have no need for it. Also if you want to try shoot small groups the crosshair is thick. At 9x your bullet holes are only visible at 50m

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2