User

Default 18650 LiR failure.

I was recharging my 18650s I use for my Klarus hand held and weapon mounted light when this happened as I pulled the battery from my Nightcore i2 Intellicharger.

I am not certain of the brand name of this battery and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't keep my WML and hand-held batteries separate so this may have been used for a couple of thousand rounds in my Saiga AK.

The Klarus has very small springs but does have a rubber buffer before the driver board. I knew using the Klarus instead of an SF could be an issue but I was curious and honestly expected tbe 18650 to batter the driver board on the light.

Now remember this may also NOT have been the battery in the light on the AK.

THIS battery does not carry a brand name but my higher capacity 3100mha battery says it uses a Panasonic core.

So where does one dispose of Lir batteries?

Default Re: 18650 LiR failure.

Is it screwed? Seems like the sleeve got torn, exposing the protection circuit, which still seems attached. A resleeve should do the trick?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

The hard use dedicated WMLs utilise CR123 batts because they are lighter and tougher than 18650 batts and they have less hammer impact force on the connectors inside the torch and on the circuitry.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    The hard use dedicated WMLs utilise CR123 batts because they are lighter and tougher than 18650 batts and they have less hammer impact force on the connectors inside the torch and on the circuitry.
    Yup I was aware of that when I went ahead with this project. One failure in almost 5 years and possibly a couple thousand 7.62 (if this is that battery) isn't as bad as I was expecting, honestly.

Skaaphaas, yeah it looks like it is just the sleeve. Where does one get it resleeved then?

Can buy sleeves on Amazon. But isolation tape can do the trick.

User

Huh. Thanks. Something new every day.

It's pretty much heat-shrink. If you can get large diameter heat shrink, just cut it to size and shrink it over the battery tube.

User

Aaaaaaaah. Thanks again.