Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

SWATG and RyanD, what are your opinions on the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro's?
    I'm like this close to buying a pair but would love some feedback from you guys.
    Thanks

Prodigal,I got a pair of supreme pro from Khumba and they are the bees knees,honestly they are worth every cent.
    SEMPER PARATUS

User

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Prodigal,I got a pair of supreme pro from Khumba and they are the bees knees,honestly they are worth every cent.
    Awesome, I like bees knees! I've taken the plunge and ordered a pair, but am waiting to confirm what colour is available.

User

They've just confirmed stock of the black/grey, so they're ordered and I'm awaiting delivery. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    They've just confirmed stock of the black/grey, so they're ordered and I'm awaiting delivery. Can't wait for them to arrive.
    Wise choice...top tier gear!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Wise choice...top tier gear!
    Thanks ikor!

So frustrating. Got a call from the delivery driver this morning confirming address and then they didn't pitch up today. I hope they deliver tomorrow morning, I've got a club shoot on Sunday!

User

They arrived yesterday and I used them today. Very impressed!!! I like them a lot. Thanks to all regarding the advice.

Default Re: Peltor sport tac, and other ear protectors

I spent 4 days wing shoting in the Free state last week, The Sordins are great, they do not clash with the stock comb which is something I was afraid of, I never felt as though my ears were exposed to any loud noises, the cut off was very fast and acurate so much so that it is a little obscure as one is so acustomed to recoil and noise, now its just recoil! A slightly surreal experience.

There are 4 levels of amplification which allow you to be aware of your surrounding, you can still rip off your mates, talk to the dog and hear someone 4 guns away yelling at you to close up the line. If a shot is fired far away you can hear the boom but as soon as it is near you, its cut out. Imagine shooting in a valley, you will feel the recoil and a second later hear the echo, thats what its like.

The unit was comfortable to wear for about 4 or 5 hours at a time and kept my ears warm when when it was realy cold, which it was (-9°c in the mornings).

What I found a but irritating is the wind noise coming through the mikes, I placed the unit so the recievers were always on the lee of the wind but still, walking in a wind did become irritating after about 4 hours of wind noise, one can turn the sensitivity down but then you cant hear properly.

On the whole, I wont shoot without them ever again.

Ryan

User

Guys, thanks for the info above. I have been shooting for a few years now and to date both my wife and I have been using entry level hearing protection (Rudolph electronic muffs for her and passive RAM's for myself) we are starting to do a bit more shooting and need to invest in some better hearing protection. What is out there that is good for clay shooting as well as the odd hunt and a bit of 9mm plinking, we are both shooting clays so need something comfortable for a full day, ideally electronic. It seems there are as many brands as we have opinions, the local shop stocks Razor, Winchester and Walker, obviosly with the internet one can get anything from anywhere these days. I am hoping to spend around R1500 per pair. Looking on SO website I see Caldwell and Sportear in that price range while Hailstorm has Howard leight impacts up for sale also same area then there are the Peltor Range Guards or Tactical. Further hunting around and I've found Earmor M31's, Deben Slims and Radians? As you can see I have no idea what I'm looking for, so any advice welcome.

User

Try your best to get gel pads, they are worth every cent, seals a lot better around your glasses and are comfortable . I have MSA Sordin Supremes with gel pads and Peltor Bulls eyes, also with gel pads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast