Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Feedback - PTA store

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    That older gentleman came from VLT. He's about the only one that understands that sometimes people just visit gunshops to look at stuff, because they're platsak. At S&O if someone asks you "can we help" and you say "nah, just browsing a bit, thanks" you become FLAT ignored and you're given the stink-eye. PTA branch, anyway.
    Toxxyc, I agree 👍 with you. So many times I would just like to go have a look see. I don't want to necessarily buy something, however if the sales people are friendly & allow one to browse I'm sure it would lead to further purchases from myself and others down the line.

I know you have a lot of "kans vatters" out their but retail is full of them. The good sales agent knows who is wasting his time and who would come back and be a loyal client?

You're comment Toxxyc reminds me of a video I watched of Colion Noir where he was in a coffee shop which had AR15'S and pistols all over the store. The Barista was carry a Glock OWB! A person wants to chat & talk about our favourite pastime with a good cupp joe and maybe if really interested handle a beautiful firearm...

User

I've also had problems at the pretoria branch and I made it very clear to them that I would spend the extra cash to drive to dave sheer and spend my money there and receive better service it seems they will only give you service if you a regular customer or flash alot off cash

User

Well here is my experience in past 24hours.
    I sent an email to PTA store last night after their office hours regarding a R30 item, received my reply 30min before they opened for business today. Had another 2 emails back and forth answered within 10 minutes regarding this item. All this effort for such a small possible purchase.

So this afternoon I stop at S&O to purchase the item, but 1st take a stroll through the shop. Eventually end up at the reloading counter and ask the one Gentleman (Older gentleman, but not the one I remember from VLT) if he could assist with the item I was looking for. He goes to the back finds similar item, but not the exact one I was looking for, so he checks on the system, and confirms they must have stock, disappears again and then presents the item I was looking for. Now even though it is only a small purchase, he doesn't take the sale, but gives it to the person I was communicating with via email.

Unfortunately the story doesn't end with me buying a FA from them, or spending R1000's either.
    A special thank you from the little guy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    Well here is my experience in past 24hours.
    I sent an email to PTA store last night after their office hours regarding a R30 item, received my reply 30min before they opened for business today. Had another 2 emails back and forth answered within 10 minutes regarding this item. All this effort for such a small possible purchase.

So this afternoon I stop at S&O to purchase the item, but 1st take a stroll through the shop. Eventually end up at the reloading counter and ask the one Gentleman (Older gentleman, but not the one I remember from VLT) if he could assist with the item I was looking for. He goes to the back finds similar item, but not the exact one I was looking for, so he checks on the system, and confirms they must have stock, disappears again and then presents the item I was looking for. Now even though it is only a small purchase, he doesn't take the sale, but gives it to the person I was communicating with via email.

Unfortunately the story doesn't end with me buying a FA from them, or spending R1000's either.
    A special thank you from the little guy.
    Guys, I think that we all need to be aware that your customer experience (sadly) depends on the sales person you get on the day, how you interact with the them and how this person is doing on the day (I mean, we all have bad or less than ideal days!)

I read with interest a load of negative comments about the Pta branch of S&O. I have had excellent service from many of the sales people there... What with looking at firearms, reloading equipment and ammo/reloading components, and when browsing... and this has been even where I have not bought anything.

I agree with the posts above that they are a very good gunshop because they tend to have stock (more stock) and stock of many many other items which other (smaller) gunshops just don't have... And in some instances, their pricing is hundreds of Rands cheaper to the customer than anywhere else.

I say "well done" S&O!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3