Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Feedback - PTA store

While a small gunshop (or big) might let you pay a deposit and pay the rest later or on collection of license I wouldnt expect a big gunshop like S&O to do so if they did not want to.

I have never had a bad experience at S&O Stellenbosch and Im also a young guy.

I appreciate S&O because they always have stock of things you need and have a wide range.

If you really have an issue, take it up with management, they are always willing to listen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Thing is, most shops have a no-lay-bye policy. However, I've seen many places that allow it on special occasions because it's obvious that many don't have thousands to spend on demand, or simply a limit. I think OP's issue is not their policy, but their attitude. Their attitude is so bad that I would rather pay a bit more and drive a bit further most of the time than to deal with them, to be honest.
    This whole thread sounds like nothing more than a temper tantrum. There are more important things in life to worry about... and the OP should rather consider expending his energies there instead of coming here and looking for sympathy.

Besides... how do we know that the OP isn't simply butt-hurt, and in fact was dealt with cordially by the sale person? You going to take his word for it? Kinda unfair yeah?

For the record... I am not affiliated with S&O in any way. Not even a regular customer there myself (for no particular reason). I simply hate it when people jump to conclusions without having both sides of the story.

What does the OP hope to gain out of this thread?
    Did he contact the store management himself to try and rectify the situation, or air his displeasure while he was there?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Their attitude is so bad that I would rather pay a bit more and drive a bit further most of the time than to deal with them, to be honest.
    ^^This.

I wasn't aware of their policy as I have not had this issue before at any other dealers in the past that I have dealt with so I won't know unless I ask. Also, a dealer won't know his service is shit unless someone tells him that it's shit and there are more than one person who complains about them. So if ever they would like to make improvements, they now have a starting point.

As I have mentioned before, I have had good service from the Stellenbosch branch as they have gone out of their way to help with certain specific requests that I've had, so I am happy with that branch but I can't say the same about the PTA branch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    This whole thread sounds like nothing more than a temper tantrum. There are more important things in life to worry about... and the OP should rather consider expending his energies there instead of coming here and looking for sympathy.

Besides... how do we know that the OP isn't simply butt-hurt, and in fact was dealt with cordially by the sale person? You going to take his word for it? Kinda unfair yeah?

For the record... I am not affiliated with S&O in any way. Not even a regular customer there myself (for no particular reason). I simply hate it when people jump to conclusions without having both sides of the story.

What does the OP hope to gain out of this thread?
    Did he contact the store management himself to try and rectify the situation, or air his displeasure while he was there?
    Your post makes sense. To clarify my POV, I've dealt with OP before and he's a nice, honest and friendly guy, which is why I took his side automatically. I also have experience with S&O PTA that seems to mirror his displeasure - and not only on one occasion. I think this is a venting thread, of sorts, of which there are some on the forum. :)

User

Why should the store change their policy if it's going to cause delays or inconvenience?

I've been to the Branch in Stellenbosch and asked the same question regarding payment terms and it was made very clear what their policy is.

The same policy exists at Wildman in Cape Gate. The smaller gunshops are willing to do terms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Virgildonatifan View Post
    ...so I am happy with that branch but I can't say the same about the PTA branch.
    So you make this broad sweeping statement by virtue of your interactions with 1 person at the store?

What about the other 50 people that work there?

What was your attitude towards the attendant behind the counter? Perhaps you are equally as guilty of creating tension between the 2 of you?

User

I don't expect anyone to change their policies for just one person, all I'm saying is that there shouldn't be a complete attitude change if a client can't pay for something all at once. I am not one of their VIP clients who can fork out thousands at any given moment. If your policy is that you don't allow lay-byes then kindly state as much and suggest to try somewhere else that may have a different policy.

So you make this broad sweeping statement by virtue of your interactions with 1 person at the store?

What about the other 50 people that work there?

What was your attitude towards the attendant behind the counter? Perhaps you are equally as guilty of creating tension between the 2 of you?
    I am clearly not the only one who has had problems with them regarding attitude. I tend to treat people with respect as far as I possibly can because I expect the same in return and apart from that, anyone you treat with disrespect might cross paths with you somewhere in the future and they might just remember that bad experience with you and that puts you in a bad situation if you need a service rendered from that person again working somewhere else. That's my outlook anyway and I keep that in mind whenever I have to deal with other people.

User

You seem to have missed the point.

You created an impression of the place with interactions with 1 person.

Did you ask to speak to the manager to directly complain with him regarding the bad experience?

Let me guess. No, you didn't. You would rather come and post a rant thread (which is ultimately the same as trying to rack up 'likes' on facebook).

You say you treat people with respect, but given that you are willing to slag an entire store based on the actions (hearsay) of a single employee, and without first bringing the same to managements direct attention in an effort to have them make amends, tells me otherwise.

User

You seem to have missed the point.

You created an impression of the place with interactions with 1 person.

Did you ask to speak to the manager to directly complain with him regarding the bad experience?

Let me guess. No, you didn't. You would rather come and post a rant thread (which is ultimately the same as trying to rack up 'likes' on facebook).

You say you treat people with respect, but given that you are willing to slag an entire store based on the actions (hearsay) of a single employee, and without first bringing the same to managements direct attention in an effort to have them make amends, tells me otherwise.
    Granted, I see your point but I never said that this was my first and only bad experience with them, I have had previous bad experiences before with different employees. This was just the tipping point where I realized that I usually get bad service from them. So yeah it is a ranting thread but not necessarily aimed at a single employee even though I seem to have made it out to be.

I apologize for that and I thank you for pointing that out to me

And to answer your question, I did get in contact with the store manager to raise my concerns
    Last edited by Virgildonatifan; 30-06-2016 at 11:37.

User

Something else to highlight out of this thread is that on normal stock items it is normally easier to negotiate a deposit/delayed payment, but trying the same on a limited time offer item, I can't think of many places that will assist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast