Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 308 muzzle brake

Has anyone got experience with the Ase Utra suppressor with the bore lock system that quick attaches to the muzzle brake?

Wouldn't that be an option if OP would like to try a brake and if that doesnt work out he has the option to attach the suppressor

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Brian View Post
    Theron. Even though you hunt alone, do you hunt with hearing protection at all times? Take the advice of the people above and get a small, very efficient suppressor instead of a muzzle brake. One shot with a muzzle brake will spook every thing in the entire area. I am sure this is not what you want!!!
    That's the only big disadvantage I can see is having to wear ear protection. But before I got a suppressor I did this anyway and with a pair of electronic ear pro it isn't that bad.

The main idea and motivation behind this is to make my rifle lighter and more compact. My suppressor weighs 500g, and that on the muzzle is terribly uncomfortable to carry or shoot from the standing position.

User

Have a look at CMG recoil reaper, made locally in RSA. I have put on both 3006 and 9.3x62 and shoot without ear protection off a bench. Seems to also be fitted with a muzzle brake.

Mukri. The OP has the concern of he does not like a long silencer on the front of the rifle.

I have alot of experience over last year with the ASE Sl5 on my 308 Remington VSSF. And I cant say enough about how effective it is at only 98mm. Out classes alot at double the size.

Any case As far as I know the clip on once from ASE is mostly for the AR in 223 caliber.

Go on ASE Utra site and they will give South African importer.
    Contact him and check what available

User

According to the website the Distributor is Freeborn Arms, 0833268290

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Theron2033 View Post
    I'm doing research on brakes because I'm looking to replace my suppressor as it is too long and heavy.
    I'm looking for something similar to the APA fat bastard brake but would prefer a locally manufactured product. Ie. A four chamber brake is what I want.
    Who manufactures brakes in SA?
    Did you ever find a muzzle brake? I'm looking for one for my vz58. Was hoping to find one for about R500-R1000 bucks. Would like a silencer, but is too expensive for me at this stage.
    want to reduce recoil a bit to make it easier for my kids to use. Age 8&10...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SJC View Post
    Did you ever find a muzzle brake? I'm looking for one for my vz58. Was hoping to find one for about R500-R1000 bucks. Would like a silencer, but is too expensive for me at this stage.
    want to reduce recoil a bit to make it easier for my kids to use. Age 8&10...
    I didn't. I got a silencer and have since sold my 308.

Go on youtube. There is a guy posting under "mark&samafterwork"
    He has nice videos and advice. Look for the one regarding Muzzlebrakes.
    Where he goes into alot of detail regarding what you need in one to be effective.
    He shows the effect with a bipod and how you need rifle to push backwards and not jump.

Not saying its the best advice just very informative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2