Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Kevlar socks for those who like the quietness of hunting barefoot.

Innovative cut resistant socks will protect your feet from sharp objects and allow you to walk, run, and go rock climbing without shoes.
    Swiss Protection Socks provide absolute barefoot feeling like no other footwear. They are made out of kevlar, polyester, spandex, and cotton.
    Anyone ever seen these here in SA? What thoughts on this idea? Probably very costly.

User

Default Re: Kevlar socks for those who like the quietness of hunting barefoot.

Sekelbos thorn proof? I doubt it!

Interesting concept, but a complete gimmick

Banned

If they are knitted or woven, sharp things can slip in between the weave.

Banned

As the prison wardens will tell you, their vests stop a bullet but does nothing for a blade. We use it on some of the bike cloth's a and its great for blunt force and abrasive force, but sit on a thorn

User

lol I used to bowhunt with woolen socks, I think I've got a high pain tolerance...

User

A mate specially bought a pair of Vibram barefoot trail shoes for Warrior. First bend over sharp rocks saw him gingerly negotiating the rest of the 21 odd kilometers.

Also, even if they prevent cuts and so on, your feet are going to be fucken cold.

User

Nothing beats proper footwear. These are cute to cut your grass in but not a chance I'd go on a hike in them.

Stay Bladed.

Who needs ankle support anyway.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Damage to you feet in the veld is made by impact, the weight of the human body against hard objects, these socks will not change that in any way just make it much worse.

See it as being shot while wearing a stab proof vest.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Who needs ankle support anyway.
    Actually it has been shown that ankle support is a gimmick. No i am not going to go look for the article again.
    I am a firm believer in "barefoot" shoes. They take getting used to but is truly worth it.
    I hunt in vibrams and did the fishriver canyon hike in them to. 90km hikeing in 4 days and i was the only one in the group with no feet problem.
    Have dine all my warrior races in them as well.
    But then again if i wasnt such a wuss i should have done it barefoot like 100000 years of evolution made us to be.
    Sure they are not sekelbos proof but not even my cooper tyres are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast