Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Dog

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Does afrikaans not use punctuation?

Spell check is free.

If you want your posts, on a serious topic, to be taken seriously by your readers then you should show them the respect and courtesy that they deserve. This means, I am afraid, taking a few moments to express yourself properly using punctuation and correct spelling.

If you type on this forum like it is a whatsapp message to your girlfriend you will not be taken seriously at all.

This is not an invitation to a debate on the relative merits of the correct use of language in effective communication, and unless your next post is aimed at advancing this thread's original direction - don't bother posting.
    Sorry to the OP and others i may have offended with my poor writing skills. I thought i was being respectful by replying to the OP in english.I will refrain from posting to this thread, hope the OP finds what he is looking for.

User

Default Re: Guard Dog

Quote Originally Posted by remington ax View Post
    Sorry to the OP and others i may have offended with my poor writing skills. I thought i was being respectful by replying to the OP in english.I will refrain from posting to this thread, hope the OP finds what he is looking for.
    No you were following the rules of the site by replying in English.

You don't need to feel sorry for yourself, you just need to attempt to communicate clearly.

Now back on topic.

User

staffy? useless when your not home but very protective of the family, my two are my wives shadow, small enough to sleep inside and let me know if anything moves outside, great with kids, have the shock factor (as do bulldogs with a large portion of south africa)

they also have the bite to back it up if need be

but yeah a guard dog and a family dog, would be two different dogs

my dogs are 1) companions, 2) a layer in security/early warning, didnt get them to protect the house

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I however have heard a female dog is a lot more aggressive over a property or area then a male dog.
    This. My female Boerboel is by far the best and most alert large guard dog I've ever had. Extremely protective of property. I recently lost my old boy who was the greatest pet I've ever had.

Having a small child in the house though, my new pup is another male. The bitch is a fantastic dog, and has always been perfect when only adults were in the household. She's a great guard but unfortunately a kak pet.

Well if you want me to stay away from your home. Get a Doberman. I honestly have an internal Psychological fear for these dogs. Ever since I was young. Even the Magnum PI series in 80's did not get me over them. Even more then a Pit bull. But Pit Bulls must never be considered as family dogs. As they tend to sometimes go off at the kids and owners.

But Pit Bulls must never be considered as family dogs. As they tend to sometimes go off at the kids and owners.
    Crap. They are no more prone to this than other breeds.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Crap. They are no more prone to this than other breeds.

agree 100% its how they are raised, any dog can lose it.

my neighbour lost a finger to his mates jack russel,

User

***EDIT***

was slow on the post.

But Pit bulls are the only once that are regularly in the news for biting people and or kids. Honestly havent seen other breeds in news where they turned on the owners or kids.

User

But Pit bulls are the only once that are regularly in the news for biting people and or kids. Honestly havent seen other breeds in news where they turned on the owners or kids.
    Yeah, like Massacre rifles. Media hype much?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast