Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bushcraft / Survival Tv servies : Alone

There is a Bushcraft / Survival show, I stumbled across. Its call Alone.

Seems a little more "real", and accurate than Naked and Afraid, Survivorman etc.
    Apart from all the hunger, setting traps, building shelter challenges, the show deals more about the one thing, that all survival show, books etc dont deal with.
    I.e The psychology and state of mind for survival.

http://www.history.ca/alone/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_%28TV_series%29

Format:
    Ten contestants are dropped off in remote areas of Northern Vancouver Island, far enough apart that they will not come in contact with each other. Contestants each select 10 items of survival gear from a pre-approved list of 50, and are issued a kit of standard equipment, clothing, and first aid/emergency supplies. They are also given a set of cameras to document their daily experiences. Attempting to live in the wild for as long as possible, the contestants must hunt for food, build shelters, and fend off predators while enduring extreme isolation and psychological distress. Contestants who wish to withdraw from the competition for any reason may signal a rescue crew using a provided satellite telephone. The last remaining contestant wins a $500,000 cash prize. Contestants are warned that the show might last for up to a year.

They already on Season 2

User

Default Re: Bushcraft / Survival Tv servies : Alone

Season 1 finished last week. Season 2 started last night on History.

I enjoyed the first season, a real life bush crafting show. It's more mental than actual skills.

User

Generally, a good indication of how hard it really is, is the absence of a "diverse" group of people participating. People like the female gym instructor, the cross-dressing lawyer, the human rights activist, the gender re-assigned confectionary baker, the angry community organizer and the professor of gender studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Generally, a good indication of how hard it really is, is the absence of a "diverse" group of people participating. People like the female gym instructor, the cross-dressing lawyer, the human rights activist, the gender re-assigned confectionary baker, the angry community organizer and the professor of gender studies.
    Can I take a guess and say Survivor.

User

Season2 is really really stupid and full of useless emo people.Season1 is 10x better.

User

Watched season one awhile ago and really enjoyed it.

Stay Bladed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    People like to see "people" in the show, and their emotions.

Most people knows nothing about survival, thus the editors must play to a bigger crowd.
    Take shows like "naked and afraid", all those people do is starve it out, give enough time and they will all die, all of them.
    I mean when I see someone in a survival show that doesn't want to kill someone because it hurts their feelings I want to puke.

The purpose of a TV show is to make money, nothing more.

Anyways I'd much rather survive alone than with any of the morons on these shows.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I mean when I see someone in a survival show that doesn't want to kill something because it hurts their feelings I want to puke.
    ^

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    ^
    Indeed, typing too fast, thanks for the correction.

But anyways, in a real SHTF scenario it will come to that as well.

User

hehehe little Freudian slip there Messor

And yes, content producers purposefully put characters that will clash together to create drama. Would be pretty boring to watch everyone just getting along and chilling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast