lm.jpg
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

User

Default Re: Lee Loadmaster

Thank you

User

Couple of questions to the Loadmaster guru's: I set mine up over the past two days and it seems to be running fine, except for two minor niggles.

1. The last four primers in the primer attachment do not feed. It is very specific to four; if I place ten primers in the tray it will feed six and then cases start coming up with empty pockets. If I then ad another ten primers it will feed ten and then stop feeding after ten cases (still leaving the four that were left in there from the first ten).

2. Is there an easy way to empty out the primer attachment (bar removing it from the press) once you are done reloading? Those last four primers that will not feed are getting to me and I do not want to leave the press sitting with primers in it untill I am ready to load up the next batch of ammo.

The primer feed ramp meeds to be full. When the last primer is out of the tray, on the primer feed ramp [ at this point the primer feed ramp is full of primers ], you're meant to refill the primer tray.

No, you cannot remove the primers without removing the priming attachment.

User

I've also found that issue with primers, but I make sure I never run out of them in the chute.

Update - so far loaded about 6000 rounds on the LoadMaster and all is going smoothly. Just make sure everything is cleaned and lubed after 2000 rounds or so. Developing a new load with S121 so have finally fitted the Lee Autodrum powder measure. Haven't checked function yet until I have a weight to throw that makes factor in my competition pistol.

User

Thanks for the replies!

Lithium, the autodrum works great. I was loading batches of 10 rounds at a time for load development last night and found that with MP200 there were only two usable cavities in the discs if you stick to the Somchem charge tables. The one cavity gave me 4.5 gr, the next gave me 4.7gr and the next 5.1, just over the recommended 5.0gr max. I switched to the autodrum and dialled in a 4.9gr as easy as can be. I think the auto discs will stay in the drawer untill I get me some adjustable charge bars...

Working on a "skylight" lighting gadget as we speak, more later.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

Lithium, the autodrum works great. I was loading batches of 10 rounds at a time for load development last night and found that with MP200 there were only two usable cavities in the discs if you stick to the Somchem charge tables. The one cavity gave me 4.5 gr, the next gave me 4.7gr and the next 5.1, just over the recommended 5.0gr max. I switched to the autodrum and dialled in a 4.9gr as easy as can be. I think the auto discs will stay in the drawer untill I get me some adjustable charge bars...

Working on a "skylight" lighting gadget as we speak, more later.
    Be careful with the adjustable charge bar with light loads. I found it very unrelaible when using it on my 9mm P loads. If you search GS you"l find a couple of guys had the same problem.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    The primer feed ramp meeds to be full. When the last primer is out of the tray, on the primer feed ramp [ at this point the primer feed ramp is full of primers ], you're meant to refill the primer tray.

No, you cannot remove the primers without removing the priming attachment.
    Pipe cleaners. Push the extras back up into the tray

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Be careful with the adjustable charge bar with light loads. I found it very unrelaible when using it on my 9mm P loads. If you search GS you"l find a couple of guys had the same problem.
    Yep. To the point of squibs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast