Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Loadmaster

User

Default Lee Loadmaster

A big thank you to Duane for being so efficient and communicative in the process of buying a Loadmaster. Highly recommended!

lithium

User

Default Re: Lee Loadmaster

Is it working?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Is it working?
    Yes.

User

I'm seriously considering one of these machines. Youtube has scared me somewhat, but it seems as if the problems out of the box can be fixed relatively simply. Did you take a polisher to it, or did it run straight out of the box?

User

just don't buy it to load 223 ammo . the auto case feeder don't work for 223 . I have used it to load 9 mm p but had a lot of problems with the primer system . but then I was using a lot of brass that the primer was crimped in place . I had to buy a Dillon 1050 with that auto swager to sort that out . but for the money the loadmaster is not a bad machine . I end up loading my rounds in three steps ,deprime on loadmaster clean ,then prime .manually then use loadmaster to load rounds .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Botha View Post
    just don't buy it to load 223 ammo . the auto case feeder don't work for 223 . I have used it to load 9 mm p but had a lot of problems with the primer system . but then I was using a lot of brass that the primer was crimped in place . I had to buy a Dillon 1050 with that auto swager to sort that out . but for the money the loadmaster is not a bad machine . I end up loading my rounds in three steps ,deprime on loadmaster clean ,then prime .manually then use loadmaster to load rounds .
    Surely you can feed the .223 cases manually, if so, then surely bit silly saying don't buy it to reload .223?

Not everyone throws money at a problem, but rather fix the problem

User

I'm seriously considering one of these machines. Youtube has scared me somewhat, but it seems as if the problems out of the box can be fixed relatively simply. Did you take a polisher to it, or did it run straight out of the box?
    I am also in the queue for a Loadmaster, getting one soon

Swapped my pro 1000 for a secondhand loadmaster 2 years ago and very happy with it. A few tricks to keep it running smooth but nothing serious. As with any mechanical equipment don't force it if something gets sticky. Like the others said it's good value for the money you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Botha View Post
    I found the 3 steps to also work best for me. I keep a few thousand 9mm cases prepped and primed at a time and then loading a few hundred at a time is quick. I would like a Dillon but not in my overall budget priorities at the moment.

My whole reason for going the LM route is the 5 station option. My whole reloading process will then be done in one step. The Loadmaster looks to be an excellent press.

I'll have mine up this week and will give it an honest review.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast